YSP_VideoPlayer

Siving

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to scale videos? Something like ysp.VideoPlayer.scaleVideo(1, .5) Where 1 would be the video id and .5 the scale?

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Report:
Plugin that triggers this error: MOG_TreasurePopup - Plugin-Link

Maybe only in a combo with other plugins (e.g. Chrono Enginge). As a layperson, I can't say.

Attachments

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been a while, but here what happened. I think I wrote that I'll make a video of the said problem but just didn't care enough to delve into this any deeper. Used the different plugin with same functionality, but that matters little. It's RPGM mv problem and using these types of plugins will alienate a big portion of players.

The same thing happens with YSP_player.
I hope this won't be seen as attacking plugin maker, I encountered and confirmed this problem. Just want to report it with actual video proof.
Currently tested with Japanese plugin which plays WebM, ysp and PKD player. All had same issue.
Tested it myself with a fresh project, one plugin, one event to play the command, other players were also affected. Mostly it happens on low-mid range pc.
I think 4gb ram, hd5500, i5-5200u should be more than enough to play WebM short loop on an empty map, but I think one player of mine reported the same problem playing on PC gaming desktop with 1080TI.
I have no idea why RPGM does this, I just wanted to report a problem with actual video this time and example how it looks.
While this video was captured using a different plugin to play WebM, the issue and behavior are the same.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!
Love this plugin!
It works great when I deploy for Mac and Windows, but not for web! Help!
I have both Mp4 and WebM versions of my vids in the movie folders and I have tried putting the extensions in my events as both .mp4 and .webm when using you plugin for web deployment but they don't play!

Help!

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!
Love this plugin!
I have both Mp4 and WebM versions of my vids in the movie folders and I have tried putting the extensions in my events as both .mp4 and .webm when using you plugin for web deployment but they don't play!

Help!
This worked for me.

Attachments

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will try right now! Dumb question but just to be sure - does your example being a common event have anything to do with the functionality of the plugin?

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I read you post again and it seems you're trying to deploy as web deployment.
I only tested that in windows,so I can't guarantee, sorry.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I read you post again and it seems you're trying to deploy as web deployment.
I only tested that in windows,so I can't guarantee, sorry.
Didn't work :/
Thanks though!

Hey!
Love this plugin!

Help!
Clarification - when I deploy for web and use the .mp4 file extension, the sound from the movie file and text (text input I had on top of the vids) both work, but the visual part of the video does not show up

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
took a bit of tinkering and reading through the comments here but i was able to get this up and running in 30-40 minutes and I'm by NO means script savvy, but it works beautifully, only request would be, like others said, the ability to set the x & y positions for the video. for some reason it shows up in the lower right corner, but if i play the video normally from the core engine its centered.

great plugin though i look forward to working with it!

KravenarGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Clear that it works with webm, but if I export it for android (that works only with mp4) how it is going to handle it...?

josephdevelops

Creator of Familia
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Made a video about this post.

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you do a demo files, I hust get more error no any things at this plugin.

vlasity

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is the best plugin. Thank you very much. Is there an option to make this plugin work in RPG Maker MZ? Now there's a black screen instead of a video.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This uses GPU functions. So you need a pretty good video card yes.
Also read this Pixi fix: https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/issues/4089
You're right. It's a PIXI issue causing the lag. I've updated my game's PIXI with a newer 4.8.9 version and videos no longer stutter at 1-3fps using this plugin. I can guarantee it affects a lot of people. I was too noob back then to fix it myself. Maybe you can look over the file I attached and add the required code lines to fix the issue so that other people can avoid potential problems like this?
It's basically fixing RPGM MV Pixi to avoid the issue.

Attachments

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're right. It's a PIXI issue causing the lag. I've updated my game's PIXI with a newer 4.8.9 version and videos no longer stutter at 1-3fps using this plugin. I can guarantee it affects a lot of people. I was too noob back then to fix it myself. Maybe you can look over the file I attached and add the required code lines to fix the issue so that other people can avoid potential problems like this?
It's basically fixing RPGM MV Pixi to avoid the issue.
It's better as separate plugin and not our problem with the video player.

Make a demo files is very very hard .... >_<
A demo wouldn't fix anything. I literally posted in the opening the commands the event would have. It changes nothing. If it doesn't play anything it means either a pixi bug or the video file is too big and needs more time to load in memory.

Code:
◆Comment:This will preload the video
:       :----------------------------------------------
◆Script:ysp.VideoPlayer.loadVideo('mirror.webm')
◆Comment:This will check if the video is already in memory.
◆Loop
  ◆If:Script:ysp.VideoPlayer.isReady()
    ◆Comment:This will stop the loop.
    ◆Break Loop
    ◆
  :End
  ◆
:Repeat Above
◆Fadeout Screen
◆Comment:This will set the following
:       :Video ID #1 : mirror.webm'
:       :Play video ID #1
:       :Loop video ID #1
◆Script:ysp.VideoPlayer.newVideo('mirror.webm', 1)
:      :ysp.VideoPlayer.playVideoById(1)
:      :ysp.VideoPlayer.setLoopById(1)
◆Fadein Screen
◆Text:None, Window, Bottom
:    :Wow! We have looping videos!
:    :And the text is showing!
:    :\}So\{ freaking \{cool!
◆Fadeout Screen
◆Comment:Stop the video
◆Script:ysp.VideoPlayer.stopVideoById(1)
◆Fadein Screen

This is the best plugin. Thank you very much. Is there an option to make this plugin work in RPG Maker MZ? Now there's a black screen instead of a video.
I'll think about it.

vlasity

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much. Most of the plugins continued to work after switching from MV to MZ, but unfortunately, there is a black screen instead of a video. I will look forward to this moment very much. Thank you for the great plugin.

I don't know much about the code, so tell me how to make the video not loop and end after the first playback. I had to stop the video with the wait 80 frame command.

Attachments

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you very much. Most of the plugins continued to work after switching from MV to MZ, but unfortunately, there is a black screen instead of a video. I will look forward to this moment very much. Thank you for the great plugin.

I don't know much about the code, so tell me how to make the video not loop and end after the first playback. I had to stop the video with the wait 80 frame command.
remove loopbyID command...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_3 and People3_4 added!

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olixproductions