[Yuyu] Randomized Names

yuyu!

The Hero of Rhyme
Reaction score
Yuyu Randomized Names (Ver. 1.1)
----------------------------------------------------
-Author: yuyu!-

Introduction
This plugin will generate random names for characters in your game - which could include NPCs and Actors. It's pretty cool if you want your villagers to have unique names but don't want to sit around and think of something for everyone. Note that names are meant to sound unrealistic and fantasy-esque. These names are calculated from looking at two parts of a name, the start and the end (depending on gender). Most name parts are broken down from real names, but that doesn't mean they won't get pretty odd sometimes.

Features
- Generate a random name for an NPC or actor
- Specify names by gender
- Assign unique IDs to NPCs and use message codes to draw the name
- Can be used to randomize an actor's name before name input for some added flavor
- Change parameters to allow names to be unique (will not generate the same name twice)
-Specify how many names will be unique (includes actors first, then npcs)

Changelog

- Ver 1.1 -
- Added a parameter for a maximum # of unique names (a fail-safe for games that might generate a lot of names and trigger too many loops)
- Cleaned up code

Screenshots

^ Example for actor name randomization setup

^ Example for npc name setup

^ In game random name display

^ Menu screen with completely randomized actor names

Download

Click here to download the script (from pastebin)!

Terms of Use
Free for commercial use. Please provide credit and do not claim the plugin as your own. Thanks!

Special Thanks
-LoganF
-Zeriab

Last edited:

yuyu!

The Hero of Rhyme
Reaction score
Update: Ver 1.1 (already)

-Added a parameter for max # of unique names (a fail-safe for the extremely rare chance that someone may generate too many names)
-Cleaned up the code

Sorry for the quick update! I'm still learning JS and coding in general. Based on feedback I've received from friends, I made the above changes. :)

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now i can finally make my dragon quest clone with dark souls board game mechanics

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very nice! Always love the ability to randomize game stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm back to the bugs.
100 bugs in my coding,
take one down,
fix it up,
132 bugs in my coding.
On the plus side, if all this rioting sparks another Covid outbreak... I will have a whole lot of time to work on my game. Not exactly how I wanted to get that time, but hey I'm a glass is half full... of RM kind of guy. :LZSwink:
A video once in a while won't hurt.
Have a craving for a Nesquik milkshake. No idea why. Haven't had one since I was a kid. lol. I remember them kinda tasting nice, but also leaving a lot of nasty powder at the bottom of the cup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shinkukae