trevers18

#hippomaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 ​
Inspired by games like Until Dawn and The Walking Dead comes a game about survival in a world infested with zombies. When the world falls to pieces, survival is key. Every decision must be made carefully - one wrong turn can lead to certain demise. You take control of six plucky survivors and change the course of their lives throughout the game. Your decisions determine whether they make it through the night, or fall victim to the zombie virus and join the ever-growing ranks of the walking dead. Who will survive, and who will die? Only you can decide that.

Features

• A unique combat system that requires stealthy movement, careful planning, and a willingness to make risky decisions in order to escape death.
  • Every character can live or die, resulting in several different endings.
  • Most decisions have a large impact later in the game. Decisions that seem arbitrary can have lasting effects.
  • Interaction with the environment in various aspects, which is key to progression.
  • No saving - when a character dies, they're dead for good.
Characters

Cheryl
 ​
Level-headed, strong-willed, and intelligent, Cheryl does her best to be the peacemaker of the group and tries to keep order as much as possible, even though people don't really listen to her. She's confident in her survival abilities and has no trouble going off on her own. She does her best to be a friend to everyone, even though she tends to pick sides. Her weapon of choice is a machete.

Mike
 ​
Mike dubs himself the "official" leader of the group, and everyone tends to side with this ruling. His cold exterior and harsh treatment of people makes him distant and hard to like, but he has no problem taking control of tough situations when others may back down. He has a tough time maintaining relationships. His weapon of choice is a shotgun.

Roger
 ​
Roger is a lovable oaf, in a sense. He's very physically strong and he knows how to be friends with anyone, even though he may not make the smartest decisions. He isn't a great leader and tends to follow what others say, even if he doesn't agree with it wholeheartedly. He very rarely gets angry. His weapon of choice is a sniper rifle.

Madison
 ​
Madison is loud and abrasive, but she isn't afraid of speaking her mind and doing what she thinks is right, even if it's not the most reasonable action. She cares more for herself than others, which makes her very self-sustainable. Though she acts tough, in the face of danger, she tends to freak out. She doesn't have a good relationship with the rest of the group, but she doesn't care. She doesn't have a weapon.

Zeke
 ​
Zeke is a rather soft-spoken member of the group. He does his best to fall neutral on every issue, and often times does so by simply not talking at all. He is sometimes forgotten as being a part of the group. He is dating Kelly - it seems like their relationship is pretty solid, as he tends to protect her from everything. His weapon of choice is a knife.

Kelly
 ​
Kelly is a beautiful blonde who, surprisingly, can think on her feet. Though she is easily startled and relies on Zeke for protection, she will openly admit that she is capable of surviving by herself. She prides herself on looking attractive despite the circumstances, which she says helps her hold on to some semblance of her humanity. Her weapon of choice is a pistol.

Character Art credit to the creator of the Pop! Horror City DLC.

Screenshots

Tileset credit goes to the create of the Pop! Horror City DLC.

---

Please feel free to leave any feedback on the visuals/features/whatever! I don't have a demo yet, but I do plan to release one (hopefully) soon. Right now, I'm still working out a lot of the features (mainly trying to sort out the "combat" system, which is a bit difficult when using more than one zombie), but the game is currently fully functional and there haven't been any major game breaking bugs, which is always a plus. Thanks for taking the time to read up on my game! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

amaSenpai

LP: amaSenpai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like the idea, it reminds me of a choose your own adventure book in a way.

The sprite style looks great, if not a bit hard to differentiate between characters. Unless the screenshot showed siblings?

I hope you have a smooth development experience. It looks great!

trevers18

#hippomaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like the idea, it reminds me of a choose your own adventure book in a way.

The sprite style looks great, if not a bit hard to differentiate between characters. Unless the screenshot showed siblings?

I hope you have a smooth development experience. It looks great!
Yeah, sort of. A lot of choice-based games have been coming out recently, and with the popularity of Until Dawn, I really wanted to capture a similar feeling of dread when realizing that a decision you made ended up in a character dying.

The sprites all use the same bases, so yeah, they tend to look a little bit similar. No, no siblings. There is a couple, though, but trust me, it won't be the center focus of their part.

hiromu656

Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm assuming by "no saving" you mean no manual saving? 

Very interested in how your combat system is going to work. You're working with some good ideas so I wish you the best with this one.

trevers18

#hippomaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm assuming by "no saving" you mean no manual saving?

Very interested in how your combat system is going to work. You're working with some good ideas so I wish you the best with this one.
Correct, no manual saving. There will be set points in the game where the game will save automatically (if I can figure out how to do that) or places where players will be given the option to save. I hope to make them infrequent enough that it'll discourage players from quitting the game to try and save a character.

Thank you! Right now I'm running into a small problem but it should be fixable soon. If handled properly, it should definitely make the game a lot of fun and very adrenaline-rushing.

trevers18

#hippomaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update!

The combat system is almost complete. The zombies effectively chase after the player, and now I just have to program the results of being hit (which will be a lot of fun!). The game is functioning as it should, minus a few small issues here and there. And also, here's a new screenshot of the current map being worked on and some examples of the Zeus lighting system in action.

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dang it! I was planning something very similar, even in exactly this style, haha!  :p  

Anyway, this looks very good and I'm curious how sneaking and combat will feel like. Glad to have another POP! user on board!

trevers18

#hippomaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dang it! I was planning something very similar, even in exactly this style, haha!  :p

Anyway, this looks very good and I'm curious how sneaking and combat will feel like. Glad to have another POP! user on board!
Great minds think alike, as they say.  BD

The combat definitely feels tense, above all else. That's how it feels for me, at least. I hope everyone else gets that same feeling.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like the sprite work a lot and I'm a sucker for narrative choice heavy games. I'm also a sucker for relationships and group dynamics and it looks like that we be a huge part. Good luck to you!

trevers18

#hippomaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like the sprite work a lot and I'm a sucker for narrative choice heavy games. I'm also a sucker for relationships and group dynamics and it looks like that we be a huge part. Good luck to you!
Thank you!

Paradigm Shift

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you ever need a tester! I'm working on a similar zombie game myself using the POP! Horror pack.

Which RPG maker are you using vx ace or MV ?

trevers18

#hippomaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you ever need a tester! I'm working on a similar zombie game myself using the POP! Horror pack.

Which RPG maker are you using vx ace or MV ?

All testing is being done by me, but thank you for your offer.

Also, I weirdly thought I replied to this already but w/e. I just wanted everyone to know that this hasn't been updated in a while because I've been crazy busy with college and haven't had any free time. I will definitely be working on this over the summer, but at the moment, there's not a ton of development going on. But this hasn't been abandoned yet! Worry not!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Success, my character has harnessed the power of the particle, and now she leaves a speed streak.:kaopride:

I'm breaking up with QSprite. :kaolivid:
Ami
--- Spoiled Food ---

M.Knight: Oh,no! the Bread has been Mold!
Chef: It's not Mold,it's in Fermentation.
M.Knight: Are you sure?
Chef: Y'know Cheese? It's safe to eat
(Chef eat the Moldy Bread,after that he take into the Hospital with Green Face)
Suddenly I remember the days when I create something just by pure wild imagination. I wasn't thinking about concept, structure, or anything else. Just create (even if it's unfinished in the end). Somehow I kinda want to have that wild imagination again. :D
Google "The Great Stink"
Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryops