Zaeran Enters the Battle

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by Zaeran, Mar 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Zaeran

Zaeran Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    You can call me Zaeran, but my name is W.T.L. Third. I have been a member of the RPG Maker community for a few years now, but I have been engaged in the Maker scene for years beyond that. I am a recent graduate in computer engineering and communication at Western Michigan University. I have done multiple hackathons in the past few years many of which revolve around game design and game theory, most notable being the Hack 4 Missions hackathon in 2015, where I managed a 19-person team that conceptualized, designed and demonstrated an adventure game based on the experience of a refugee in a fictional country entitled Defiance. On RMN, I started the overly ambitious project titled Eternal Dusk a game which I will return to at a later time.

I am an every-man, doing everything that pertains to game design minus sound design, and I specialize in art, writing, gameplay and direction.

I am looking for opportunities to help others on projects as well s working on my own projects at the moment, so if you are looking for someone to help, shoot me a message and ask away!

I currently work with RM2k3, RMVXA, and unity.

2. Azmor

Azmor Happy Hobby Artist Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Interesting background.

Welcome to the community,
    I hope we can learn from each other.

It's good to see new people around, who have experience with game design & development.

It must be a great step back between 3D game design & 2D like RM.
    Not everyone has the time or interest to turn away from 3D for a second and to take a look at the origin of game creation.

RM may be simple, but powerful in the right hands.
    If you need artistic help, contact me anytime.

Cheers.

- Az.

Zaeran likes this.
  3. Zaeran

Zaeran Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Nice to meet you as well!

As much as I have been working with 3d engines the past few years, I will always have an affinity for 2d graphics, especially pixel art and top down RPGs.

When you say artistic help, what sorts of things do you have in mind? I'm actually looking for some people to assist in some projects.

Also likewise on contacting me

Azmor likes this.
  4. Azmor

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Same goes to me. I was experimenting with different game creation engines and even though I love to create 3D models & texture them with blender, the 3D game engines were always way too complicated for me. One can be a one man army, but I don't have the time nor the interest to create such immense games all alone.

I already want to finish a few artworks for some people of this community, that's why this week is already filled with work. Nevertheless we can start a private conversation and see where things are going.

I'm already drawing for around 10 years now (4 of these years are digital). I love to paint backgrounds, sketch concepts, draw portraits & to work with pixel art. There's just something catchy about pixel art that I can't describe in words.

Sometimes I play around with physics through animation and how the body reacts to acceleration, impact & force/pressure.

I also know a bit about martial arts, which helps on creating authentic poses (which tend to not turn out over the top & useless).

I can provide you with:

1. Animations (Effects, Explosions, etc. pp.)
    2. Custom Icons
    3. Battlers
    4. Close to the RTP Face Portraits / Custom Face Portraits
    5. SV, TV/D
    6. Concept & Design
    7. Tileset Structures ( B ) only ## I'm currently trying to figure out how to create ground & animation tilesets for RM

- Az.

Zaeran likes this.
  5. Zaeran

Zaeran Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    That's awesome, I will be reaching out to you in the future!

P.S. what type of martial arts have you practiced (Did judo, karate myself)

Azmor likes this.
  6. Azmor

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Splendid!

One hand washes the other.

I practice Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaido & Takemusu Aikido.

7. Zaeran

Zaeran Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Sick!

Kenjutsu always caught my interest, but I never had the tie or opportunity to learn it.

As for Takemusu Aikido, is that one of the more practical modern disciplines, spiritual emphasis or balanced?

8. Azmor

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Iaido is not really Kenjutsu, but we are learning it as a real form of fighting. Bokken training is usually practiced by people of the 3rd or (let me lie ...?) 4th Dan, these people were doing their Kata in and out with an Iaito (blunt katana). That's why Bokken training / actual contact, is very rare. Here in germany we are one of two dojos who actually practice with bokken, too. Most of us only reached first Dan (which is literally nothing :D) or just started practicing for a few years.

Takemusu Aikido is close to the teachings of the founder of Aikido, the techniques were adjusted a bit by Morihiro Seito who learned from O-Sensei. My teacher (who is 85 now) learned directly from Morihiro Seito. So, we are really traditional, with spiritual but also practical influences. (There are just some techinques that you normally would never use in a fight.)

A true Aikidoka knows how to avoid fights & get in these situations anyway. The one who has to fight, failed in the first place.

9. Zaeran

Zaeran Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Very nice, averting violence was a major discipline of Ueshiba so it makes sense. Color me intrigued

10. Azmor

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Correct. I hope to be able to simply vanish infront of the foes eyes. But there's a long, long way to go.