Zebby's Soundtrack Corner

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Zebestian, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Zebestian

Zebestian Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Moar update!:kaohi:
    Since I'm in a mood to compose battle themes (for whatever reason), I've decided to make a little pack of biome-specific battle themes, i.e. battle themes that match the environment they play in. So, for example you'd have a snow battle theme in a snow area or a jungle battle theme in a jungle area. And that jungle one could sound something like this~!:kaojoy:

Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  2. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Uwa! Update!:kaohi:
    Number two of my Biome Battle series - the desert battle theme. I kinda went for something more stereotypical this time in terms of overall sound. As much as I like unusual battle themes, this one isn't as unusual as, say, its jungle cousin.:kaojoy:

3. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Doing the update with a little re-discovery today!:kaohi:
    I made this song over half a year ago believe it or not. I actually remember making it, too! However, I never uploaded and/or shared it in all that time between me finishing the song and now! Yeah, even I can get a little forgetful sometimes, but me getting that forgetful is rather rare. Anyway, enjoy this asian-sounding theme fit for either the evil empire capital or a city destroyed by war~!:kaojoy:

Sauteed_Onion and Shikashi like this.
  4. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's time for yet another update!:kaohi:
    I've been commissioned by @JCeetra to make a battle theme (actually, they had quite the list of themes they need done but this is the one we started with)! Quite something different for me since I'm not really one to use the electric guitar too often. That's also because I'm lacking a proper electric guitar VST but I somehow made it work! And I'm quite proud of the part before the loop, around 1:30-1:57!:kaojoy:

5. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Guess who's got an update?:kaohi:
    I'm finally continuing my temple theme series after not working on it for a couple of months. I've had this theme here in the works for about as long and just got around to finish it today. After water, fire, forest and ice I present to you: the sky temple theme!:kaojoy:

6. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Retro update!:kaojoy:
    I've been watching a lot of retro tech videos lately and got in the mood to make a chiptune song. It's nothing special, just something I threw together in a couple of hours~!

7. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Quite the different update!:kaohi:
    So, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try my hands on something that I usually don't do and really haven't done up until now. I decided to compose something more soundscape-y, more ambient. Something you'd be likely to hear in a Metroid game. Or any space adventure for that matter~!:kaojoy:

Sauteed_Onion, Citali and richter_h like this.
  8. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Waaaah! I haven't updated in quite a while!:kaohi:

I was so busy with other things, like making a free resource pack that I didn't have time to do anything else. I also have a lot of drafts to finish... But anyway, here's two pieces I finished recently. Both were commissions and I'm really happy to get some business~!:kaojoy:

9. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hah, one update right after the other!:kaohi:
    Now that I got those commissions done I went back to finish the song I was working on to test drive my new electric guitar plugin! I gotta say, I really like how this turned out and it feels great to finally have a proper electric guitar plugin!:kaojoy:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  10. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've been thinking about posting more works in progress and show a little video clip along with the audio. I think it might be interesting to get a look at what's going on behind the scenes, even if it's just a short accompanying clip like that. Let me know what you think~!:kaojoy:

11. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Purrhaps cooking a tasty meal?
    [​IMG]

starlight dream and Zebestian like this.
  12. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Let's be real here, I don't think that a kitty cooking a meal would be a tranquil affair.:kaoswt2: But who knows, maybe it is and I just have no idea about cats. Cooking can be pretty therapeutic after all, so if it's not too hectic and not too messy then sure~:kaojoy:

13. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Maybe you'll be inspired by the sounds of frying, of casseroles and a blender! :p

@Sauteed_Onion That's the best cat painting I ever saw :)

Zebestian and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  14. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, time to not neglect my music topic!:kaohi:
    Some days ago I was asked - not commissioned, but asked (!) - if I could compose a theme that sounded like the Ghetsis battle theme from Pokémon Black & White. And since I didn't have any other projects at the time and like me a good challenge I accepted and made this thing here, completely nailing the request! At least I think I nailed it. It does remind you of Ghetsis, no?:kaojoy:

15. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, I got an unusual update this time...:kaohi:
    You take a bunch of weirdos, put them in a voice chat and let two of them read a copypasta/emojipasta - the resident composer goes "yeah, I'm gonna remix this sheep" and that's how this happened. I took bits and pieces from the recording of the reading, sampled them, smacked them in a dubstep template and a couple of hours later I ended up with this piece of art!:kaojoy:

This decidedly doesn't make any sense to those who weren't there but I want to share this with you anyways!:kaothx:

16. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Back to not unusual updates!:kaohi:
    After watching a video about Bossa Nova arrangement I wanted to try out some Bossa Nova for myself and see if I could make something nice. So I was playing around for a couple of hours and this is what I ended up with. It's nothing special or overly complicated but I think it's fun nonetheless!:kaojoy:

17. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Quick little update!:kaohi:
    I had a melody stuck in my head and to prevent me from going absolutely insane I made into a neat little chiptune song! Nothing fancy, just a simple little song I made in a couple of hours. I imagine it sounds like the theme to some shady back alley business!:kaojoy:

18. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not a new song update but an update regardless!:kaohi:
    After about four months of inactivity on YouTube I overhauled my video design (which means that I'm basically just using a different, more minimalsitic After Effects template) and started to upload videos again. Well, "videos". It's not really fancy stuff but some people might prefer having some visuals along with my music!:kaojoy:

19. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's time for an update!:kaohi:
    I've been suffering from the usual imposter syndrom again yesterday and today I said "screw that whole thing", sat down and composed something anyway! I'll show you brain! You tell me again my music is crap, I dare you!
    Anyway, I made a sneaky-sneak theme - "ninja-style"!:kaojoy:

20. Zebestian

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Finished another commission!:kaohi:
    This piece is the theme of a cursed forest. The kind of forest you go in to explore curiously but end up lost and desperate to find your way out while you hear wood creaking and creatures growling.:kaoswt: