Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I think I figured out how to make gameplay more interesting!
MOTHER is nice and all, but these days real time combat seems to be all the rage!

Binding of Issac, Enter the Gungeon, Hotline Miami, I'm pretty sure these are a Real-Time combat games.

If anyone knows of a way for me to implement a combat system similar to Old-School Zelda, that would be very helpful!
Google search seems to think I'm asking for MV or VX, even when I type "RPG Maker XP" :kaocry:.

EDIT: Did a little more thinking, I think I know how I'd like this to play out.
Mist can have three abilities.
Using an equipped weapon,
Using a magic projectile,
Using a selected Item.

That's kind of like ALTTP, if I remember correctly. That's kind of what I think would be nice!

Last edited:

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think you can bind actions to keys in a common event that's parrelel process and always running. It would take eventing talent to do it this way though

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I think you can bind actions to keys in a common event that's parrelel process and always running. It would take eventing talent to do it this way though
Yeah, I suppose so.

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The big name script solutions are Blizz-ABS and XAS ABS for XP. I'm experienced with the former if you end up going that route.

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The big name script solutions are Blizz-ABS and XAS ABS for XP. I'm experienced with the former if you end up going that route.
You got a link to XAS? The link on the home page is busted, and I don't want to use Blizz because "Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes."

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Blizzard has changed his terms, but forgot to update it in his ABS. I'll go ahead and remind him about that.

I don't follow XAS at all, so I wasn't aware the website was borked. In any case, just keep trying to google; you'll find a working link eventually.
Like an older version: https://rpgmaker.net/games/2517/
You can also try Lycan: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/the-lycan-abs.36382/
Oh, so if Blizz changed his rules, I can use it in my game? I'll download it and see if it works!

EDIT: Reading the user manual, Blizzard's ABS sound like exactly what I'm looking for!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.
Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
What do you guys think about Survival mechanics in games (Hunger, thirst, etc.)?
Do you find them to be an enjoyable obstacle or a bit of a nuisance?

Asking for a friend... :stickytongue:
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shadowjack60