Zephyr Menu System

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by FenixFyreX, Dec 7, 2013.

1. FenixFyreX

FenixFyreX Fire Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    Version: Ace 1.0
    Intro
    This menu system started from scratch, and I got carried away. It was a menu system for a game being developed by my previous Dev team, Founding Productions, however we halted Zephyr, so I give you Zephyr Menu System, ZMS for short.

It uses a category system, where you put commands into categories, and these categories are drop-down inside the menu.

Features
    >> Category system
    >> Drop Down effect
    >> phase system
    >> swap actor positions within party
    >> switch activated commands within the menu
    >> customizable background(basically can be animated, in a way)
    >> any event with <menu_event> will run in the menu, thus allowing tutorials to be created
    >> more, just try the demo
    Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Demo
    Download Here

Notes / Q-A
    How-To:
    Code:
    [b]=beginNOTICE: Only the main menu is complete. I'm not sure if I'll give the otherscenes a makeover.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------GRAPHICAL ASPECTS----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You need to have these images in the designated folders:Graphics/Menu/CommandInfoBackgroundTextureHPMP_BaseHP_BarMP_BarAny of the above can be in the scene's respective folder within Graphics/Menu,and if present in the subfolder, will be used in that scene instead ofthe default.Graphics/Profiles/Every actor that is seen within the menu needs to have aprofile(portrait) picture.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------USER ASPECTS----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There are several commands you can use within an event to automate the menu,and create a tutorial.For an event to function within the menu, a comment<menu_event>must be on the event's page. To halt an event from processing in the menu, justsetup a new page without the comment and turn a self switch on like you normallywould.Now, there are several script calls you can perform within the menu, from yourevent. Unless designated, all commands will begin with "scene"(without quotes).--------------------------------------------------------------------------------scene.auto_back--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Depending on the phase of the menu, this will either:--return to subcommand selection--return to category selection--return scene to map--------------------------------------------------------------------------------scene.auto_main_cmd--------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you are choosing a category:This autoselects the category that is currently selected,and opens its subcommands.Otherwise this does nothing.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------scene.auto_actor_command--------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you are choosing a category's subcommands:This autoselects the subcommand that is currently selected,and starts actor selection.Otherwise this does nothing.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------scene.set_main_index(index)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------This only works if you are selecting a category.This selects a specific category, depicted by index.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------scene.main_cmd_up OR $scene.main_cmd_down--------------------------------------------------------------------------------These only work if you are selecting a category.These move the selection up and down within categories.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------scene.set_sub_cmd(index)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------This only works if you are selecting a subcommand from a category.This selects a subcommand designated by index.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------scene.set_actor_index(index)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------This only works if you are selecting an actor.This selects an actor designated by index.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------scene.return_scene--------------------------------------------------------------------------------This returns the player to the map.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------=end[/b]
    Credit for the custom graphics in the demo go to NeoSky. Credit me for the menu system itself.

Note: This is exclusive to forums.rpgmakerweb.com. You may not release it anywhere else without my permission.
    Also: If you wish to use this in a commercial game, contact me first.

If you have any questions and such, do ask. This system is not a beginner's tool. :3

Oriceles and KevinFrost like this.
  2. ricardo.jl.simoes

ricardo.jl.simoes Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    wow, pretty dayum good! custom menus are not that common, this is really fantastic :D

3. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can't wait to play around with this!

4. KevinFrost

KevinFrost KevinFrost91 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks really clean, and amazing! I love menus that make use of bust images! :)

5. Hiek

Hiek Creator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is nice, but do you also plan to make custom Items, Equipment, Skills, Status, etc windows?
    I like this but we have a lot of custom menus, but we lack the other stuff in the menus.

-EDIT-

Never mind, I saw this.

That's a bummer. :/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
  6. ninjalex

ninjalex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Love this script. I love the look of it. Its very clean and unique. :)

In the demo I got all five orbs and unlocked the game data option, however when I go into the save menu I cannot save the game. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or missed something.

7. Killer690

Killer690 Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Good and nice looking script...

But I have a little trouble...I have more than 4 members, and the 5 first looks fine, but the 6th one & ahead(I think that's how you say it...) doesn't show on the screen.

There is a screen of the trouble...

[​IMG]
    Is there an option to move the image, as well the lifebar & mp bar?

8. FenixFyreX

FenixFyreX Fire Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I feel like I need to apologize to everyone here. This script was technically a port from RPG Maker VX, and I didn't really put as much effort into this as I should have. Expect a full-on rewrite for Ace as well as the Item, Equip, Status, and File Scenes to be rewritten into this style. I will also be updating the script to fix the Save/Load system, because the old VX system was quite a bit different and I forgot to account for that.

Sorry and thanks for the compliments ^_^

The Neighborhood Fenix

Chaos17 likes this.
  9. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi, i'm trying this script out. Consistency i want other scenes that have the same expand/collapse effect as the main menu (ie. sub-menus, stores, other custom menu scenes). Could you tell be what the part of the script is doing this, or give a templated example that would show how to add it into other scenes?