Zephyr Menu System

Discussion in 'RGSS2 Scripts (RMVX)' started by FenixFyreX, Jul 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. FenixFyreX

FenixFyreX Fire Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    Version 1.2
    [​IMG]
    This menu system started from scratch, and I got carried away. It was a menu system for a game being developed by my Dev team, Founding Productions, however we halted Zephyr, so I give you Zephyr Menu System, ZMS for short.

It uses a category system, where you put commands into categories, and these categories are drop-down inside the menu.

[​IMG]
    >> Category system
    >> Drop Down effect
    >> phase system
    >> swap actor positions within party
    >> switch activated commands within the menu
    >> customizable background(basically can be animated, in a way)
    >> any event with <menu_event> will run in the menu, thus allowing tutorials to be created
    >> more, just try the demo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download Here

[​IMG]
    How-To:
    Code:
    =beginNOTICE: Only the main menu is complete. I'm not sure if I'll give the otherscenes a makeover yet.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------GRAPHICAL ASPECTS----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You need to have these images in the designated folders:Graphics/Menu/CommandInfoBackgroundTextureHPMP_BaseHP_BarMP_BarAny of the above can be in the scene's respective folder within Graphics/Menu,and if present in the subfolder, will be used in that scene instead ofthe default.Graphics/Profiles/Every actor that is seen within the menu needs to have aprofile(portrait) picture.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------USER ASPECTS----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There are several commands you can use within an event to automate the menu,and create a tutorial.For an event to function within the menu, a comment<menu_event>must be on the event's page. To halt an event from processing in the menu, justsetup a new page without the comment and turn a self switch on like you normallywould.Now, there are several script calls you can perform within the menu, from yourevent. Unless designated, all commands will begin with $scene.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------$scene.auto_back--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Depending on the phase of the menu, this will either:--return to subcommand selection--return to category selection--return scene to map--------------------------------------------------------------------------------$scene.auto_main_cmd--------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you are choosing a category:This autoselects the category that is currently selected,and opens its subcommands.Otherwise this does nothing.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------$scene.auto_actor_command--------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you are choosing a category's subcommands:This autoselects the subcommand that is currently selected,and starts actor selection.Otherwise this does nothing.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------$scene.set_main_index(index)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------This only works if you are selecting a category.This selects a specific category, depicted by index.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------$scene.main_cmd_up OR $scene.main_cmd_down--------------------------------------------------------------------------------These only work if you are selecting a category.These move the selection up and down within categories.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------$scene.set_sub_cmd(index)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------This only works if you are selecting a subcommand from a category.This selects a subcommand designated by index.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------$scene.set_actor_index(index)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------This only works if you are selecting an actor.This selects an actor designated by index.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------$scene.return_scene--------------------------------------------------------------------------------This returns the player to the map.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------=end
    Credit for the custom graphics in the demo go to NeoSky. Credit me for the menu system itself.

Note: This is exclusive to forums.rpgmakerweb.com. You may not release it anywhere else without my permission.
    Also: If you wish to use this in a commercial game, contact me first.

If you have any questions and such, do ask. This system is not a beginner's tool. :3

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    Adon likes this.
  2. Adon

Adon ADONKADONK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can I make a suggestion? Instead of character portraits and stuff, have the option to have a window in that area with the normal character status, except the window can or has to be an image. Yeah, that probably did not make any sense.

3. FenixFyreX

First Language:
    English
    No, it makes absolute sense. However the system currently set up is completely intertwined with the whole menu. I'd have to do a full rewrite to do this. Unfortunately I don't think that'll happen anytime soon...sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
  4. Rixis (릭시스)

Rixis (릭시스) Mecha Queen Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    I suppose there is no way in hell you would covert this to rgss3 anytime soon either is there xD?

SlaveOfThaMind likes this.
  5. FenixFyreX

First Language:
    English
    @Rixis - working on it :)

6. Leinkreig

Leinkreig Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oohh, I remember this.

If it gets ported to VXAce like you're planning, I have a feeling it'll actually be quite popular. It's a pretty awesome Menu system.