Zeus Lights & Shadows

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Zeus81, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Quigon

Quigon electric boogaloo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hmm. I'll give that a go, thanks :)

EDIT: Agh, no luck with that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2013
  2. Dymdez

Dymdez Newbie-in-Chief Veteran

First Language:
    English
    BRAVO! Finally a lighting script that makes sense and works with my other 100 scripts!!!

3. Ultim

Ultim Kartoffel. Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    FINALLY ! a good lighting script that is compatible with my Pearl ABS and Minimap scripts!

Dymdez and Aszrul like this.
  4. Xarai

Xarai Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I have a problem with this tho, I wanted this only for specific maps, but it seems to be stuck on all of them, it makes the bright scenes and maps gloomy looking how do I fix it where I only allow it on certain maps

5. Zeus81

Zeus81 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hum, It may be related to screen tone but I'm not sure.

If you're using other scripts you can try changing the order, moving the light script in first or last pos.

6. Xarai

Xarai Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Tried, it's now infront of every thing in materials, is there a setting to enable it for every map or certain maps? maybe that is the problem and I am unaware of it

but just in case I will list what all I have for scripts

Victors's engine - for basic, animated battlers, and fog and overlay, fixed parallax,  actor's battle

fix pictures - fix pictures to map

lune message system

xail system - core - item mini

acezon - map as title

yanfly - move restrict region

ceodore - show variables

ring menu

and move title

I am aware that victor has a light engine similar to yours and I've not tried it yet because I understand yours a little more :/

so if theres any help I'd like some advice to fix it if there is a current fix

7. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice script. It'll come in handy for sure :)

Just a few questions:

- Is there a way to change the Z value for each shadow/light as we choose like the modern algebra Fix Picture script? Can you add that feature? That would be neat :3

- For whatever reason I get a setup error ("Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 1411: NoMethodError occurred. Undefined method 'setup' for nil: NilClass") after inputing this code

shadow("Basement").setup("Basement_S.png")shadow("Basement").set_pos(0, 0)shadow("Basement").set_origin(0, 0)shadow("1F").setup("1F_S.png")shadow("1F").set_pos(0, 0)shadow("1F").set_origin(0, 0)shadow("2F").setup("2F_S.png")shadow("2F").set_pos(0, 0)shadow("2F").set_origin(0, 0)shadow("Outside").setup("Outside_S.png")shadow("Outside").set_pos(0, 0)shadow("Outside").set_origin(0, 0)I thought the problem was because of the name file but that doesn't seem to be the case :( Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  8. Zeus81

Zeus81 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    You can change the z value of lights : light("key").z = 10

But not for shadows.

About your bug I don't know, I tried your code and it works for me.

Kyuukon likes this.
  9. Dymdez

First Language:
    English
    Hi - first issue I have had with this script. So, I setup the badass tint that I want to have on my map. Check it out!

[​IMG]

But looks what happens when the player picks up the light. It changes the whole maps tint?

[​IMG]

Why would this happen? If anyone knows how to fix it that would be amazing!

temporary fix: if i place a light in the corner of the map the "bug" doesn't occur, only when the last light is extinguished. Weird...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  10. Zeus81

Zeus81 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hi,

Yes I have changed the way tint works when using lights in my script, but we're not supposed to see the difference.
    It seems that I have a bug in my formulas when using gray value, I'll check out what I can do to fix it.

Btw the normal expected result of your tint settings is what you have on your second screen. ;)

11. ZtluhKat

ZtluhKat Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I absolutely love this script! It's fairly easy to use compared to others I've tried and doesn't interfere with other scripts (so far).

Only, I've been trying to have it so lanterns outside will go off at set times, I've tried a bunch of different things but I haven't had any luck.

sorry if it's an easy solution, but i'm not seeing it; would you help me? 

12. Dymdez

First Language:
    English
    Has anyone been able to figure out how to resolve the problem with this script and parallax mapping with secret passageways? The bit that is dark colored and not being lit up is an overlay picture that covers the hidden passageway, and is retaining its tint causing that awkwardness below..

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  13. TheXiangyou

TheXiangyou Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello everyone. I got a little problems with the script (In Game) Not a error but only a Shadow Scale who doesn't appear correctly. Thank you for reply and some help! 

TreeProblems.png

14. Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan Kevin O'Ryan Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Galvs Region Effects seem to not work anymore... not sure if its this script or another one... lol

Nevermind, I had messed up on a something when applying this script... lol All is good and work together!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  15. SakuraMiya

SakuraMiya Invincible Airhead Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Awesome script, it has helped me a lot for now.

By the way, this script works with overlays, right? How I'm supposed to put them on the map?

16. JarvisTube

JarvisTube Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi! I know this thread is years old, but when i leave a map and come back the lights not on???

17. Zeus81

Zeus81 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    @Dymdez : Which parallax script do you use?

If it allows you to change the parallax z property you should set it to a value bellow 0xC000.

@TheXiangyou : Yes I know it's kinda the normal behavior, contrary to those built in, here shadows are not above but below everything, that's why you tree appears above the shadows.

For now if you want to fix it the only solution is either to do your shaded trees with events, or to shade them directly into the tileset.

@SakuraMiya : I'm not sure to understand what you mean but no this script does not have overlays.

If you use an overlay script with some chance it should be compatible without having to do anything special.

On how to add lights you should read the documentation and/or have a look on the demo.

@JarvisTube : Yes, lights are deleted when you leave the map, that's normal, you should create them every time you go back.

There is several ways to do it, with a parallel event or <setup> tags as showed in the demo.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2016
    Dymdez likes this.
  18. Dymdez

First Language:
    English
  19. SakuraMiya

SakuraMiya Invincible Airhead Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Yes, I noticed it....
    I did look at the demo and all, but is it possible to the lights more? So that it doesn't look much like a solid circle.

20. Zeus81

Zeus81 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    We create lights with this command : light(key).setup(filename)

The filename points to a file in Pictures folder that you have to create (with your favorite paint software, eg Gimp) to the shape of your choice.

There is no predefined lights packed with the script.

SakuraMiya likes this.