Zeus Video Player

Discussion in 'RGSS Scripts (RMXP)' started by Zeus81, Nov 20, 2012.

1. tiagoms

tiagoms Veteran Veteran

Hello Zeus, I have a problem.
    My version: RMVXA

The script works. The movie (.avi) is usually presented (discarding the possibility of problems with codec)
    The problem is that it can be presented only one film.
    When trying to run a second film, there is a bug. The audio of the second film works, however, the image is reduced and frozen. I pulled out a print, but something happens that EXCLUSIVELY until this print is buggy in the paint (The following photo attached). this way, I made a video and posted on YouTube.

First time) works perfectly.
    Second time) Sound works. reduced screen. frozen screen.
    Third time +) Sound works. reduced screen. Eventual bugs.

ok.jpg

erro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  2. F117Landers

F117Landers Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Zeus81 I have an interesting issue: using an auto fullscreen script, and then calling the video (such as before the title menu loads) causes the video to be black (audio still plays). Alt+enter does not produce the same issue.

Just thought I would let you know.

3. dfox20

dfox20 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Can anyone help me with an issue I have? Basically i'm using VXACE and one video I tested the player works perfect but the one I actually want to use doesn't work. It plays the video but no sound but if I play the video out of rpg maker it works fine with sound and all. The one I tested the script with works regardless and they are both avi. Can anyone help me with this issue please and thank you =) Even guide me to a converter with the correct settings if that's it.

4. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This script is for RMXP not Ace. While they both use Ruby, it is different versions of Ruby, therefore not compatible. You need to seek out a similar script designed for Ace.

5. F117Landers

First Language:
    English
    @dfox20 out of curiosity, is it a video that you made, or that you downloaded from somewhere? Also, which playback program did you use? (WMP, VLC, etc.)

6. DancinZombiee

DancinZombiee Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    i need help, when go and test the game it just skips the entire intro, please help i it's an .odv file and it's in the movies folder but it's still not working :(

7. F117Landers

First Language:
    English
    .odv requires a special driver and isn't natively supported by Windows. Try converting to .mp4 and see if that works.

8. DancinZombiee

First Language:
    English
    Nope, didn't work

9. F117Landers

First Language:
    English
    Hmmm, if .mp4 didn't work, then go .avi. Unless you're using Windows XP, of course.

Edit: By any chance, are you using an auto-fullscreen command/script?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2016
  10. DancinZombiee

First Language:
    English
    I'm using windows 10 and no i am not if fullscreen++ counts

Edit: Ok it's working now, i just converted to to .avi like you said, thanks a bunch!! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2016
  11. BlackLodgeGames

BlackLodgeGames Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So I was able to resolve the playback issue people were having.  It's an ugly hack, but the way I did was like this:

1. Game starts, my company logo video plays (always works)

2. I added a Loading screen video (this one always freezes)

3. All videos after that work.

The loading screen video gets stuck on the first frame and plays audio.  Therefore I put no audio in the final video, and the first frame shows a loading screen.

It's an ugly hack, but the rest of the videos work after the 2nd video freezes, effectively solving the video playback issue I was having (and that has been reported multiple times in this thread.)

12. UselessTheDog

UselessTheDog Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    For some reason whenever I try to run this script I get an error message that reads:

Script 'Zues Video Player' line 1: NameError occurred.
    undefined local variable or method `' for nil:NilClass

I'm not very experienced with Ruby so I'm not sure how to fix it. I simply copy and pasted your code in the script editor above Main. My event is:

Graphics.play_movie
    ("Movies/Bust_a_Move_-
    _Dancing_Dog.avi",
    false, true)

I also have my video in the Movies folder in Graphics. I'm using XP. Any help? Thanks!

13. Zeus81

Zeus81 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I think you may have copied an invalid character in the first line of the script, delete it.
    + in the event if you can't have the command in one line you should cut it like this
    Graphics.play_movie(
    "Movies/Bust_a_Move_-"+
    "_Dancing_Dog.avi",
    false, true)
    If you moved your movies folder into Graphics simply change the path "Graphics/Movies/Bust_a etc...
    but you must know that it won't work if you crypt our game.

14. UselessTheDog

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Thanks for the help! It works great now. :)

15. UselessTheDog

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Something weird came up that I thought I'd let you know about. Whenever the player opens their inventory and selects an item for the character to equip, the Zeus Video Player script runs and crashes the game. Any idea why?

16. QZProductions

QZProductions Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi there! I've got a weird issue where a friend played a VX Ace demo of mine (which uses your script to play the credits/ending stinger) and could only hear audio for the movie, no video. However, he could play the source video just fine on his native video player, so it wasn't an issue with him not having the proper codecs installs. In addition, the video works fine in game for me and at least 4 other people who played it, and he's the only one who ever experienced an issue.

The videos were encoded with x264 (MPEG4) and MP3 audio. He was running the game on Windows 10, which I also have (and the vids work just fine on my computer). It's a bizarre issue that may not have anything to do with the script, but would anyone have any ideas why this could happen?

17. UndeadGamez

UndeadGamez Poison Dart Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    i found that if you try to go to a different part of your game after having a video in one part, and put a video there, in-game, it plays the sound but not the video. someone please investigate this asap.

18. ArkDG

ArkDG Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    portuguese
    Hey Zeus, is there any way to control the video volume using your Video player VX Ace? I managed to do it with estriole's player, but it changes the game window volume instead of just the video volume. If you know any way to control the video volume dinamically (bacause I use a volume control script), please, tell me!

19. ZirconStorms

ZirconStorms VX & VX Ace Scripts Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So Zeus, a while ago, posted this script alternative for videos:

class << Graphics
    alias zeus_fullscreen_play_movie play_movie
    def play_movie(filename)
    mem_ratio = self.ratio
    self.ratio = 1
    zeus_fullscreen_play_movie(filename)
    self.ratio = mem_ratio
    end
    end

Would there be a way to adjust the x/y positions of the video at all? This would be with VX Ace in mind. I've basically gotten this far: commenting out the self.ratio = 1 and self.ratio = mem_ratio, and getting a picture to pop up just before a video plays. I'd like to ideally center the video to the screen.

20. Orphelius

Orphelius Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hello, first of all I have to say that I'm really glad that this script exists. Now to my question, I want to play several videos in a row. But it is played in the second video only the sound. Is there a solution for that? Sorry if that has already been answered, my english is not so good.