Zombie effect like in Final Fantasy?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Kelphy, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Kelphy

Kelphy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I was wondering if anyone knows a way to make a zombie state in MV. If you do not know what that is it basically means that all healing abilities do damage to you. However all death abilities do no damage to you.

Any help be appreciated! :)

gRaViJa likes this.
  2. atreyoray

atreyoray Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hmm... maybe if you include if conditionals on the damage formula... I'll check it out now and tell you in a sec =) - I'll edit this post if needed ;)

3. Tagris

Tagris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You sure could!

The Zombie effect would just be a 'state' that would effect the player (either by default or added from an attack).

It would be:

Sp Parameter - Recovery Effect -100%  (Now healing items/effects hurt the user)

Elemental Rate - Death -100% (now death magic/effects you have set up will heal the user for the value they would have damaged them)

So if I had a spell called "Inflict Wounds" that I want to heal undead or hurt living.  I would set its damage type to 'Death', and anyone with the Zombie condition would be healed by it...and anyone else would be damaged by it.  If you want the death effects to deal 0 damage instead of healing them:

Elemental Rate - Death 0%  (instead)

You can then also give the Zombie status a few immunities to make it so that certain abilities can't affect them.  I have a spell in my game that instantly could kill an ally, and it is 'death magic' so I would make them immune to that (even though it does no damage).  So i would add :

State Resist - Death  (what I named it...note : this is not state resist "Knockout" which is state 1, which is what happens when you get to 0 hp, this is resisting the state of the spells that instantly kill).

I hope that helps!

4. atreyoray

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hey, Tagris! Can't make any SP-Param negatives... can you? So Recovery effect minimum value is 0%, thus not damaging when receiveing HP heal damage.

EDIT:
    Ok, so I couldn't find a way of doing this only with 'if conditional' on the damage formula, so I made a very quick plugin (it simply overwrites a single method) and for now it's working. I'll finish the tests and I'll release it soon (in an hour or so if I find no issues).

EDIT2:
    Finished testing and also included a way to make zombified characters take damage instead of healing when they have a positive HP Regeneration Ex-param (as a regen state would probably apply). Plugin will be out soon ~

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
  5. Tagris

Tagris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You are right atreyoray!  An oversight on my part!  I was even in MV testing it as I was talking, and looking at my examples but failed to pick up on that detail.

You could complete it with the damage formula like you said.

6. atreyoray

First Language:
    Portuguese
    The plugin is ready and I'm waiting for its topic to be approved.

Meanwhile you can get it here: Dropbox

Make sure you read its help.

And please tell me if you find any bugs.

EDIT: Official Plugin Topic is now approved: here

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
    Kelphy likes this.
  7. Kelphy

Kelphy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you so much! ^^

atreyoray likes this.