Zombie/Undead State

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by TimmyTheNerd, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimmyTheNerd

TimmyTheNerd Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm using RPG Maker VX Ace to make my current project and I'm stuck, more or less.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make it so if someone has the Zombie State, healing spells will do damage to them instead of recovering HP.

On another forum, someone suggested a script but it looked like it would take a lot of editing for the script to do what I wanted it to do and the script only worked with items. So healing spells were out of the question with that one.

It's something you see in almost every RPG, mainly the Final Fantasy series, and yet no matter where I ask, no one really knows out to do it.

Due to the fact that it's almost a staple in most RPG games, I'm rather annoyed that I can't figure out, or find out, how to make it possible in RPG Maker VX Ace. I also feel that others would benefit from being able to do it as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
  2. Neon Black

Neon Black The Classy Prostitute Member

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    This snippet should do what you want. It causes the player to take damage when being hit with a healing item or skill. States are not affected at all, such as the death state, so skill like "revive" will not kill the character. If you want to make a zombie immune to death, add the feature "State Rate" for "Death" to 0%.

http://pastebin.com/qf4vtn0W

Just set up the notebox with the "[zombie]" tag, like so:

[​IMG]

Note that this simply reverses the Sp-Parameter, REC, so you can decrease the damage healing does by setting that parameter to, say, 50%, or increase it accordingly.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this works with STATES only. You can only make zombie states with this snippet, nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
  3. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That's some great work! Very useful, thanks =D

4. Alexander Halstead

Alexander Halstead Member Member

First Language:
    English
    *Edit* Never mind, I am just extra derp tonight. I just wasn't setting up the battle event right. Carry on.

I am trying to figure out how to use this to have certain troops be weak against healing spells (Ghosts, zombies)

but I can't seem to get them to start the battle IN the zombie state.. is there a sure-fire way to do this?

I've got into battle event and am trying to get the conditions to set the troop into the state at the beginning of battle but it doesn't seem to be working?

Ps: I'm not a technical expert at this, just trying to do cool things as easily as possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
  5. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    This is great! I'd been wondering about that, myself.

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I think this really belongs in Ace support.  However, as it seems that the query is resolved I shall close it, rather than try to move it.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.