What tileset would you like to see next?

• Total voters

ZombieBear

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've created a variety of resources that modify the VX Ace RTP and I've finally gotten around to cleaning them up for the community to use. There are many more tileset releases planned that span everything from castles to caves. If there are requests for specific tilesets I will certainly consider them; I found quite the hobby in editing tilesets and really enjoy creating a new look that meshes with the default RTP yet feels original.

Terms of Use
Credit: Enterbrain for original RTP assets, ZombieBear.
Non-Commercial: Free to use and edit.
Commercial: Message me.
Repost: No; please link back to this thread.
Edits: Yes; please link back to this thread. Recolors/edits are fine, just don't claim my work as your own.
Repost of Edits: Yes; please link back to this thread.
Maker required: You must own VX Ace to use these materials.

Notice:
***Notice any mistakes in tiling, etc? It's because these were designed as parallax tiles. I've done my best to place them onto a standard 512x512 sheet, but there may be issues with the tiles outside of a photo editing program.***

***These are sheets I'm throwing together from old parallax maps. The maps consist of primarily my own edited assets and a few tiles from other artists, so as I throw the tilesheet together I occasionally have to remove a tile that another artist has created and create my own edit for the sheet. Generally tiles from other artists don't make it to my final sheet that I post here, but two tiles have slipped by me so far (I caught them and they are now corrected). If you notice ANY discrepancies please contact me. It's generally pretty easy for me to spot the difference (especially because some tiles took so long that I remember every agonizing step, and sometimes the other artists tile is just better), but sometimes mistakes happen.

If I make a mistake (which shouldn't happen again) I will post an edit to make everyone aware of the issue, remove the tile and ensure correct credit is given for the tile so anyone who has the old sheet can give proper credit. Every artist should absolutely have credit for what they have done and have their terms adhered to.***

First Town Tileset and First Town Map Example
The first set I'm posting is for the traditional JRPG "first town". Replete with Germanic styling and a mix of red and blue roofs, this is the standard town the hero encounters during his/her journey.

First Town - Exterior
The blue roof should recolor to cool colors quite well, and the red should recolor well for all warm colors. The wood is also quite easy to recolor for birch, oak, etc. (though you will probably have to pop out the windows first).

Notice: The water is animated using Modern Algerbra's parallax script. It's for standing water and has three animations starting from the left.
***(I edited the set on 2/25/2018 to change the water tile to the correct tile that I was using. I threw the water tile on there last minute from a parallax file and grabbed the wrong one.

First Town Example - Exterior

I tried to throw as many tiles as I could on here to demonstrate how they look, so this is a bit more cluttered than an actual map would be.

First Town - Interior
A simple tileset that will give you a good looking, color coordinated interior with minimum hassle. It blends really well with VX Ace tiles and should provide a good range of interiors.

Notice: The fireplace can be used as an event; I sized it so the tiles fit right in. I mapped mine originally using Modern Algebra's parallax map script- I think there was a specific setting to make the flicker speed look right that could only be achieved with that script. But if you've had success with events go for it!

Edit 2/28/2018: I re-added this interior tileset to my page after removing a candle sconce tile that I had mistakenly placed. The old tile belonged to Celianna and she should be credited for the tile if you are using it. The current light tile is my own quick edit that I threw together today as soon as I realized my mistake. Please update your tile sheet accordingly if you are using it (and at the very least make sure credit goes to Celianna for that tile if you are using the old sheet). It's fixed now, so the sheet below is good to go.

Map Essentials (Doors, Chests, etc.)
This is where I'll be putting those things that you need on maps to make them interactive. Many of these need to be saved as a character sheet to create an event.

Chests
These should work in a character sheet, but with reduced animations (only two, open and closed.) A few of the colors are a bit strange (purple/pink?!), but there should be plenty of variety for many different dungeons (even purple/pink ones).

Attachments

• Town_Example.png
    Town_Example.png
    473.3 KB · Views: 89
  • !Chest_ZombieBear.png
    !Chest_ZombieBear.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 97
  • First Town Interior Example.png
    First Town Interior Example.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 81
  • First_Town_Tileset.png
    First_Town_Tileset.png
    373.1 KB · Views: 123
  • First Town Interior.png
    First Town Interior.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Nightblade50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow, I like these! Good job, can you make a simple interior tileset for your next release? Like a village house :D

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like your style kid. Keep with your talent.

OzzyTheOne

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
These are gorgeous, thanks for sharing these amazing assets with us and keep up the great work! >.<)b

ZombieBear

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm glad everyone likes it so far, I honestly didn't expect such quick and positive feedback! I have quite a few interior tiles that just have to be combined and cleaned up a bit, so I'll get that one up soon. After all, what's the point of having some houses without anything to go inside? :)

Edit: I added some chests; still working on putting together the interior tiles. I'll probably add some odds and ends as I work on the bigger sheets so I can keep the tilesets coming. There should be a good variety of things to work with soon!

Last edited:

Nightblade50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yay, interiors! Okay, I changed my vote to dungeon tiles. :D

Muffle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is it too much to ask if you could provide an example of how to use some of the tilesets? I can't figure out exactly how to put the houses together in the way you did, been trying for an hour and a half and I just can't figure it out. I really like the style and can't wait to see more.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nice work! I voted for the Stone Town tileset myself. You have a really lush style.

ZombieBear

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it too much to ask if you could provide an example of how to use some of the tilesets? I can't figure out exactly how to put the houses together in the way you did, been trying for an hour and a half and I just can't figure it out. I really like the style and can't wait to see more.

I would be happy to do a tutorial! I realize it's been a bit since I last posted, but I love working on tiles and have been working on them when I can. I got a new job and things have finally calmed down, so I'll make a YouTube video on mapping and get a link posted here.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

i want to make videogame, though i am burned out on games with RPG elements, but the only gamedev tool i know how to use is rpg maker. :/
Rakon wrote on xizorandy's profile.
Hello! I found a post of lightning strike pictures you posted. You said you made them, am I allowed to use them in my commercial project. Would be really cool!^^
evhht2zr.png

Have a nice day!
It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
signcentre12