ElieTaping

Zzz... Sleep Sleep Sleep~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was wondering if it's okay to use zenonia style for my sprites. I already made one before which are this, for my friend:

So I was thinking "why not make an mv style with a little mix of spice from zenonia style?" And one of my commissioner asked me to make him a zenonia style in MV size/grid size, so I made one without hesitation 'cause I would like to experiment with new styles of sprites, but...... sadly he told me he'll change the style again so it was a waste if I just throw this work. So here they are:

I just want to make it clear if it's okay with it or okay to use this kind of style?

Oh and here's some images from zenonia 5 game where I got some reference:

I was hoping I can make a generator for this kind of style...

Thank you! :)

Last edited:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Style isn't something that's copyrightable. As long as you didn't trace anything to get the sprites it should be fine. Just make sure to come up with your own character designs. If a character looks similar to one that exists it's fine, but if you're clearly drawing someone else's character that can cause problems.

ElieTaping

Zzz... Sleep Sleep Sleep~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Style isn't something that's copyrightable. As long as you didn't trace anything to get the sprites it should be fine. Just make sure to come up with your own character designs. If a character looks similar to one that exists it's fine, but if you're clearly drawing someone else's character that can cause problems.
Thank you! I didn't trace any of their sprites 'cause it looks too big to fit in RPG maker MV so I made one which is smaller that can fit in MV without looking weird. thinking about character's designs is not a problem since I can come up with them and I have lots of them. :)

Thank you very much. :D

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What Sharm said. And just my opinion that they are really adorable. If you wanted to do this style for MV you could probably even get away with making them slightly larger than standard MV size, so that you could add a bit more of the adorable detail. But yeah, super cute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much
Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.
Today was a day of good things! Thank you fate! I pray to the darkness that those that read this will enjoy a good day as well! Power to the gam mak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rubbun