New profile posts

Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Ha! Maybe eventually. For what it's worth, I'm not that far off it if I want. I have the PVGames assets which look like Diablo. Ultra Mode 7 could make it look Isometric. And I've already coded my own plugins for hot event on event, event on player action, player tracking, randomized map creation, and mobs spawning based on the player's location. Plus the spawned mobs know how to mostly navigate the generated map.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
So really.... I'm very, very close to a Diablo clone if I want. :LZSwink: But nah, for now I have a very specific story I wish to tell. It just so happens that it called for a very random world to make sense. Anyway Half Minute Hero is actually a super fast RPG where you have 30 seconds to fight monsters, level up, buy gear, complete quests, and kill the boss before they cast their end of the world spell.
ImaginaryVillain
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;
standardplayer
standardplayer
@The Stranger oh I know, I used to hallucinate bad when I was 18. I was staying up for days on end, trying to work a full time job, hang out with my gf at the time and hang out with friends. I actually used to sleep drive 45 miles to work. Apparently I was stopping and paying tolls that way, too.
Windows i7
Windows i7
@standardplayer People get killed doing that. There's nothing in the world I would ever risk falling asleep at the wheel and accidentally killing someone for. I have a brother who did that, and he flipped his car and crashed it into a building at 60 miles per hour. He got lucky and got out with only minor injuries (bruises were the worst of it). Usually, that kind of crash would kill you.
standardplayer
standardplayer
@Windows i7 uhh it's called sleepwalking, it's not something people do on purpose. Not everyone does it, and that was the point in my life where I learned I did.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.
Shaz
Shaz
You might want to PM them instead of posting on their feed. Everyone can see their feed.
tfw, after your game being intensively played by many people, after 5 years, patch after patch released, suddenly an innocent person reported another bug.
  • Sad
Reactions: Kovos_Datch
Shaz
Shaz
Did you actually think they had all been found? :headshake:

Unless it breaks the game, just call it an undocumented feature, and give the person a 'Star Trek' prize for going where no man (, woman or orc) has gone before :)
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
It doesn't break the game, it doesn't crash, it just ... have an unintended funny consequence :guffaw:
Shaz
Shaz
then it's definitely an undocumented feature!
OMFG. I had typed \fiPhilosophia Hermetica\fi in a forum post and didn't notice it for AN HOUR.

(Anyone else ever catch themselves doing this?)
CrowStorm
CrowStorm
in case it was unclear I'm talking about using RM(MV) text codes where they aren't needed or appropriate not like...idk, Latin or metaphysics or whatever.
fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...
suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
Just right-click on them and choose 'Save As'
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
And if you're lost about how to use them in a project, you should create a thread to ask for help as profile posts aren't used to ask for help usually.
Reactions: mlogan
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Kovos_Datch
Kovos_Datch
I attempted something similar to that where when the player touches the leave map region, it flips a switch to clear the events. However, flipping the switch back is a whole other problem.
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
you can use the erase event thing as well. That way whenever you re-enter the map the events will re-appear.
Kes
Kes
Status Updates is not the place to discuss Support questions. If you have a query please post in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.
The BIGGEST immersion breaker for Sword Art Online is that Kirito keeps finding overpowered playstyles using "bad things nobody uses cuz its bad". Players WILL use bad gear BECAUSE it's bad.
Reactions: k_mckenzie
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
I 0% believe nobody in Gun Gale Online used the beam sword because it wasnt viable. And I -444% believe that it was secretly overpowered all along and only Gary Stu was able to recognize the potential.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
SAO is a hack, try Bofuri instead.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackPlague