New profile posts

Light up explosions with QABS and Community Lighting.
qcPQHt9.gif
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)
TheGentlemanLoser
TheGentlemanLoser
... to get inspir'd/hyped to follow through and finish fleshing out my OWN bite-sized proof of concepts/janky alpha demos into actual games w/ substance. I feel kinda fortunate/grateful to even HAVE so much free time to "waste" playing videogames "wrong" and/or "spend" playing videogames "right", although RN in life I have this instead of a social life or my health so...meh. (End of micro thread.)
Sausage_Boi
Sausage_Boi
Try Xenogears. It might be hard to find, being old AF and no remaster, but... 60+ hours of the most complex, in-depth story with Kung Fu robots and an atmosphere so dark, Squaresoft said "That CAN NOT be Final Fantasy VII. Make a new project, please."
KazukiT
KazukiT
Being a game developer and playing games is important. You need to know what you like it a game and study what work and what doesn’t. I struggle with this one though.
FINALLY got my weather system implemented. Who needs a black mage when you have a weathermancer! :p
Reactions: KazukiT
SoulBlade32
SoulBlade32
@Corygon Then you will have multiple elemental type skills that require certain weather conditions to use. Example: Rain will allow you to use water based moves, there will also be some Wind based spells that you can use when it's raining that will change the weather type to snowing.
SoulBlade32
SoulBlade32
@Corygon Essentially the Weathermancer (not actual name) will be able to set the weather, then combo off of it with certain spells to change the weather while dealing damage and being able to use a different element the next turn.
SoulBlade32
SoulBlade32
@Corygon Inside caves and houses the field spells are disabled but you will be able to use "Earth" spells, currently my though is the dust floating around allows this. You can combo an Earth spells (think a meteor) to change the "weather" indoors to fire for the remainder of the battle. (I hate character limits)
Hi, you can post a thread for your game in the Completed Games forum. Please check the pinned thread there and make sure you provide all the requested information.
and_remember_tomorrow_more_redesigns_4.jpg

edit: The complete redesign of my player HUD, Time rewind message, mini map and puzzle map.... I'll toss up an animated version later. :LZSexcite:
BK-tdm
BK-tdm
You only mentioned one particle effect, thats way less than expected go and add more particles :p
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh don't worry, there's always time to toss in more particles. :LZSwink:

Also I ended up liking the Time Rewind red so much, that I colored them all that way. Much more striking and easier to see over the levels, plus it's a bit more sinister. :LZSexcite:
  • Haha
Reactions: BK-tdm
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
In hindsight... I could have probably made them all smaller initially. Turns out each one is a 42x42 map.... And far too intricate to even show the kind of detail I put in. Not going to lie... I'm sooooo going to sneak them into maps later. With that much work put in, it would almost be silly not to. :kaoswt:
Reactions: Quexp
Oh no my hospital test results are not good......just not good, but at least explains why my health tank more than usual lately. Stupid body. I want a refund on this body. = .=
You know, having a project this big is kinda nice. I can procrastinate working on one part, while still progressing with another part :guffaw:
Meowsticks
Meowsticks
I do this all the time. Don't feel like working on a particular thing? Well that's good there's at least twenty other things that need attention too, pick your favorite. :guffaw:
  • Haha
Reactions: Beckx
BK-tdm
BK-tdm
Just dont forget about the poor alpacaraptors :p
  • Haha
Reactions: Beckx
Wizard : "I've mastered all kinds of elemental magics. Fire, earth, water, and many more..."

Ninja : "What a beginner. Those are all predictable elements. I've mastered the most unpredictable elements of all time."

Wizard : "Interesting. What elements you've mastered? Thunder? Wind?"

Ninja : "Elements of surprise."

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Whenever I start on a new chapter, it doesn't feel like the next episodes, but more like sequels :)
It can be frustrating that so many commercial games have used up titles that might otherwise be great for a project.
Light up explosions with QABS and Community Lighting.
qcPQHt9.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epitaph78