New profile posts

I picked up For The King in a Humble Bundle sale, and one mechanic that stuck out to me was a physical change to the world map when finishing a side quest. That got me thinking about special map-effect rewards for certain side quests in my game.
This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.
Broke: Dont move. -boring. -passive. -uncreative. Woke: Bewegen Sie Nicht! +authoritative. +foreign. +reminds your son that he's a garden gnome now.
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge saying 'This isn't working, goodbye.' I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine. Weird.
You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
KazukiT
KazukiT
That depends on whether or not you place a huge emphasis on the story. I personally like to put the story first because those are the types os games I like to expose myself to. As for building from the ground up I usually come up with the gameplay first then craft a story around said gameplay loop.
RCXDan
RCXDan
@Black Pagan I'm not talking about what games you would play, I'm talking about how you'd tackle the process of making one.

I always make sure the gameplay loop is dynamic and interesting, cause you could have an amazing story but lose me with a game that never spices itself up.

I'm mainly talking about being too lazy to touch the actual editor but still wanting to work, kek.
The Stranger
The Stranger
It's definitely going to be more important than many of your mechanics if it's a story driven game. However, it doesn't matter how good your story is if you can't tell it effectively in your game. In my personal opinion, I'd try to link core mechanics and your narrative in some way.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
Lilly
Lilly
Sorry~!
There was a mistake
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
Can’t tune in right now, but is this a fun game? Good story? From what I’ve seen it seems kind of over the top. Lol
Lilly
Lilly
Fun, the beginning? No.
Good story, I think so.
I think from "over the top" your talking about those over the top expressions!~ XD
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Priorities. :LZSwink: Honestly I'm only where I am now because I need people around to make money. But if I ever become a successful game designer... I'm moving back to some place with a lot less people and a lot more nature. Cities are overrated, the place just needs the basic necessities, Internet and preferably less than 20,000 people.
standardplayer
standardplayer
Oh I love me some country. I used to live away from people, nothin like rolling over in the morning, looking out your window and not seeing/hearing the street-sweeper or the trash truck lol
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Currently I live within sight of train tracks. But it's in the outskirt farmland section of the city. So it's like 50%, $%#& ! And 50% yes! :LZSwink:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.
I'm sorry about earlier. I have the most hate and the most love for my art at the same time. Felt bad about my thread because I wasn't listening, and because I made it out of a bad mindset to begin with. S'another Thursday for me.

The main character of the book)
Reactions: mylafter
mylafter
mylafter
I hope I don't come off stalkish but I was scrolling through your twitter feed and I just wanted to say, you deserve way more recognition for your art. Your drawings definitively reminds me of pictures that I would see in story-books. Which, I'm guessing is what you're going for considering you're working on a book? Anyway, best of luck to you! Update us often on your projects, whether it be your book or game. :D
LittlePIGGY
LittlePIGGY
In Russia, I am a screenwriter and writer, I have 10 published books. And 2 computer games (Disciples III Resurrection and Disciples III Reincarnation). I'm just a very shy person. I'm not comfortable with advertising. I don't have time for fashion activity. All my time is scheduled by the minute. I'm not lying about successful success and simple steps to wealth. Just drawing.
LittlePIGGY
LittlePIGGY
Doppelgangers is a horror 16+ book that will NEVER be published on paper. I put it on YouTube. For personal reasons. But I can't translate it into English. This is a work of art in its entirety. not a comic or a cartoon. Full text of the book read to music, sound effects and video.
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I picked up For The King in a Humble Bundle sale, and one mechanic that stuck out to me was a physical change to the world map when finishing a side quest. That got me thinking about special map-effect rewards for certain side quests in my game.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlosr