New profile posts

Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.
Kovos_Datch
Kovos_Datch
Oh and also forgot to mention it lets the player rename their character.
Helldivers is so much fun!
Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
RachelTheSeeker
RachelTheSeeker
Yes. Yes it is. A bit stressful to input the strategem commands and with friendly fire on, but a fun challenge. Even though I've mostly used the laser-shotgun thing with friends, I'd wanna try other weapons by myself, if I had the game. The plasma pistol from one of the DLCs sounds up my alley.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@RachelTheSeeker I'm usoing the laser shotgun thing too!. xD It's the easiest gun to use, I just end up without ammo when using the other guns. lol. I'm enjoying using that, the flamethrower, and a flamethrower pistol.
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
  • Sad
Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
RachelTheSeeker
RachelTheSeeker
Well, ain't we all, right? It happens to a lot of us. What matters is that you caught it. And hey, maybe you've learned something useful about balancing in the meantime? Planning might not be starting the damn game but it'll give you a boost when you do. Might save or cut down on needed revisions later on.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
Three hours???
Tanarex
Tanarex
From 1:30 to 4:30. Well, technically, there was a bit of standing around as she waited for the dr to check her work and ask for advice, etc. Then we had to wait around till the x-ray room was available. I also had 60-year-old Dr. Anderson digging around in my mouth like his previous job was at a mortuary. Pulling on the side of my mouth like he was trying to make me look like the joker.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
joepmeloen
Interresting
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
Yeah... Only Google Play and iTunes seem worth the effort. Everything else is pretty small time. Probably only 5% the audience.
Reactions: jkweath
jkweath
jkweath
@NinjaKittyProductions very little, but my primary income sources are Steam and Google Play. I wanted to try Amazon since it wasn't difficult to set up on. It's sort of like Itch in a sense that, yeah, you can make some money from it but there's effort involved that could be put toward more productive things.
Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
RachelTheSeeker
RachelTheSeeker
I just hope the kid only has hemorrhoids. >_>
The_switchify
The Stranger
The Stranger
I used to bleed from down there frequently. Turned out I had a decent sized abscess. Caused a lot of pain, and made it impossible to sit normally. Eventually had surgery to drain it. Had to keep the wound open afterwards so as to prevent the body from healing improperly (skin first) and forming another abscess. What caused it? Likely an ingrown hair. You never asked for this, but now you know. :p
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Question: do you plan to load the sheet in-game or not? (i.e, exclusively for calculating)
V_Aero
V_Aero
@TheoAllen maybe a little Python script which transfers my Excel into the RMMV JSON format so I don't have to copy manually. But nothing special like reading during Runtime.
RachelTheSeeker
RachelTheSeeker
That's a whole new level of nerd! Closest thing I've done is using spreadsheets for tiered equips (and AD&D monster stats, but those don't count).
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
Kuro DCupu
Kuro DCupu
Drink a water of glass. That should help.
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
It is a solid reference if it has a commentary. If not, probably just an entertainment video. The question is which purpose?

Also in gm you code from scratch, unlike RM which u copy paste and edit. So if u want it to be like in gm, probably code a custom scene would be better.
jkweath
jkweath
Not sure I would personally but I could see many others being interested in the development process. Give it a shot!
Shaz
Shaz
It would not be a coding tutorial, just an over-the-shoulder look at how I pull something together. With commentary, bugs and troubleshooting, and with any luck, a working plugin at the end :)
Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
People usually hate core plugins because in the previous attempt the "core" engine means changing the default code of RM instead of a collection of functions that you repeatedly use it. And thus, this "core" engine tends to be blamed for incompatibility and people avoid it. u probably need to rebrand it using a different term as long as you don't change any default codes.
Reactions: Eliaquim
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of them. Nothing worse than needing some huge game altering core plugin just to use a small plugin from that author. Worse yet, core plugins like to fight. So if all of your plugins require a core plugin that fights with another core plugin, if that one's more important than yours, all of your plugins get the boot.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
However if you're not using a core plugin, then the one incompatibility doesn't propagate through all of your plugins. So I would be able to simply remove an offending plugin, be it yours or theirs and then I could still keep your other ones.
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...
Kes
Kes
If you search through the section 'Game Mechanics Design', you will find a number of discussions about scaling enemies, the pros and cons, balancing issues etc. Might be worth your time to browse through them.
French folk trying to pronounce English words. I loved how the man pronounced squirrel as 'square friend'.
Therapist: any questions? Me: Yeah, are there actually people who think Hotel California is about drugs and not fame or are people just trying to upset me?
Therapist: They WHAT?
It's interesting. There are no safety hazards in our country, but if you look at the shelves in supermarkets, you'd say there's a zombie apocalypse here.
  • Haha
bgillisp
bgillisp
Its the virus. Everyone's spooked.
Poryg
Poryg
Yeah, I know, but frankly, I don't understand why. In our country there are currently a hundred quarantined people who came from Italy, but they show no symptoms. We have no reported occurence of Corona virus. And even if we did, the mortality rate is 8.5% with disproportions between young age (0.5% of young adults) and old age (15%).
Poryg
Poryg
For a normal human the chance of survival is very decent unless you decide to not get any treatment. Not to mention, Czech republic is excellent at handling epidemics.
  • Wow
You guysssss I'm gonna be needing playtesters very very soon.....just saying....
Reactions: A-Moonless-Night
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
The game bout witches n whatall? I'd play it.
CrowStorm
CrowStorm
That's the one. : D

Going to announce the call for playtesters when it's officially the weekend. It's been a very productive week for Malleus and in general (MIGHT have something to do with the fact I'm taking a short break from smoking pot...PROBABLY just a coincidence).
Trading has been halted on the TSX (Canadian stock market) because of "technical issues". Suspicious... I'm bracing myself for a sea of red tomorrow lol
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
We'll see, but honestly I'm buying gradually as it falls (the I buy a little more the more it falls). TSX was closed yesterday before the big drop (it closed at 2PM due to a "technical issue", yeah right lol), so it's falling more (it's in panic mode too).
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
People were calling me crazy for working like crazy and saving 100% of my income because I told them I was preparing for a bear market/recession. Now they're not laughing lol.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
I think I'm aiming for SP back at December 2018's levels. (I know it's low, but totally possible).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
Helldivers is so much fun!
Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phihhim