New profile posts

I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D
Reactions: lianderson
rpgLord69
rpgLord69
Yeah, I guess I should do that, now that I managed to get most of the remaining from music packs or free online sources. Commissioning two shouldn't be too expensive.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
Why not just use them? Especially if one fits so nicely, it doesn't seem to me like there's much difference between using free online music or that included with the RTP.
rpgLord69
rpgLord69
Well, hearing that familiar music in a game sounds a bit strange (and people generally dislike using it). Of course there are people who recognize the free online resources or music pack tracks too, but they are still not as used as the RTP. And even if you recognize them, you've probably still listened to them less than the RTP songs, so it's not quite as "jarring".
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.
Red_V2.png
Red's design is finally finished (his hair is blue on purpose, it's a joke!). Out of all of the compulsory party members, he spends the most time with you. Just like the character he's based on, he presents himself as a simple person who only wants to help others, but there's obviously more to him than meets the eye.
Reactions: Nenen
Solr
Solr
His design didn't change as drastically as Senary. I felt his belt was the best way to express him as a character, so I gave him a skull belt, and traded the spiked collar for a simple choker (to put more emphasis on the belt). Bandages (presumable leftover from a hospital trip) instead of a shirt. When I imagined him, I never pictured what color his shoes were, so I left them completely white.
Reactions: Nenen
I drew the cover for my new book. I don 't like to entrust this work to someone else )

WM8Xp2VYvg8.jpg
Solr
Solr
Your painting is amazing, I love the mild shine on his pants, the effect work on the rays of light, and I love how you made his eyes glow. By any chance, would you be open to me commissioning some artwork from you in the near future?
LittlePIGGY
LittlePIGGY
@Solr I don't accept orders. But if I need to purchase plugins on ITCH, we can negotiate. Theoretically, I can draw something for plugins purchased as a gift. I don't need any new plugins yet.
Solr
Solr
@LittlePIGGY Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. Your artwork is still amazing though.
So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.
What is a thing you like to see in RPGs?
Solr
Solr
Stat-based skill learning. I hardly ever see it. Like upon leveling up, you'll learn skills automatically if your stats are in certain places. " 'Eric has realized Jet Blade' -requires STR 20+, AGL 50+". It's the current system for skill learning I'm implementing.
Tiamat-86
Tiamat-86
customizable classes or sub class systems. gives incentive to experimenting with class builds and adds replay value.
the more customizable the better but have to be carful of any game breaking synergy that just steamrolls every fight and META builds that just ruins the experimentation and replay value aspects.
SoftCloud
SoftCloud
Good atmosphere, narrative and characters~ I'm very invested in things like that. The battle system can be complex or simple as long as it serves the game's feel and narrative.
The most important thing to design your game for is fun. If a game isn't fun, why would anyone want to play it? Well, that and "can you play the game?". Anything else is incidental.
I just realized that I have been on this site for nearly 1/3 of my life...
FadbqH0X0AIuarS

Updated one of my characters sprites. Misty now looks more like an actual person rather than the deformed potato on the left.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D
Finding new interesting stuff to make for the resource calendar becomes harder every year D:
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snaphat