New profile posts

It was at 3am Pacific May 25 that Skynet was created. And it came in the form of a messenger plugin so powerful it now runs my randomizer and does it better than the randomizer itself did. What have I created? :kaoback:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
If someone from the future comes to off me, it was because of this plugin. So at least you'll know why I disappeared if I'm suddenly gone from the forum. :LZSwink:
Found out someone took one of my artist's commissions, edited it and claimed it as their own. Called them out on Twitter, got blocked. Not sure whether to feel irritated or honored.
I was thinking of MAYBE (a big maybe) starting an soundtrack resource thread where I would post one track per week.
Hit a plateau with my main project, I have 100% of my NECESSARY plugins setup! after 20+ months only have 1 issue with a major plugin that I added within the last 2 months that isnt world ending but I want to find a work around for! My only bonus plugins I would want at this point is a working water reflection I could figure out and main menu but in time!
Been working on my project for a couple months now and happy to start sharing some screenshots here, before making a project thread in a little while. I'm using MV3D + Time Fantasy to create a distinct and unique 3d-look :)

Simple and yet powerfull...
Well ... it may be the nostalgia talking... but for some reason the old styles did not lose to new high detail ones (to me).

Locking players out of the true ending because they messed up somewhere in the middle...is something I personally didn't like but is also what I am going to do. The irony.
Riazey
Riazey
I don't mind it if they make it really obvious that's what is going to happen, say you choose not to save a party member you actually need. Having some kind of "redeeming" option along the way through is nice so you dont feel the need to look up a guide on every choice. Like say you let that one character die then find out you needed them, but later you can pick up an optional character that fills the gap.
CraneSoft
CraneSoft
Yes I didn't like the cases where the requirements are so cryptic to the point it can't be figured out without a guide, which is usually what I see. Amusingly, since RPG plots are usually linear, we rarely get a choice to decide certain character's fate at various points of the story that ultimately affects the ending too.
Ragen
Ragen
If it is a dating-sim then hellyeah, 100% heart or no good ending...

Jokes aside, something like this happened on Bioshock ending, and I did not see it as a bad thing... though the extrapolation was a bit over
By not saving 100% of little sisters, you become hitler.

However, I would prefer something like Chrono Trigger, where your choices change the ending.
I successfully performed some testing of Irina's visual novel bust plugin for MV. It works, and the motion control on the busts has given me some ideas for visual storytelling I wouldn't have thought of with only static placement...
This isn't a rule but....If I can watch a full 3 minute video of JUST your 'battle system' and have NO idea what's happening....(literally)....start over. Even if it's finished.
Wavelength
Wavelength
I can get down with a battle system that's unique, and confuses my expectations of what RPGs should be. What's bad, though, is if I play around with your battle system for 3 minutes and I STILL don't get it.
mlogan
mlogan
I hate it when they have so many steps, you can't remember them all the second time you go into battle, then you end up dying for it.
Wavelength
Wavelength
@mlogan So do I! I've been thinking lately that's not a fault of the battle system (and certainly not a fault of the player), but rather a flaw in the way the game teaches you things. Teaching only the very basics at first, and then slowly opening up new mechanics to play with (and allowing the player a lot of room to try it out with), is the way to go.

16x16 pixels or 32x32 pixels? ... and why?

I'm actually curious to know you guys (and girls) opinions...
Reactions: SpaceBot
mlogan
mlogan
@Ragen In the future do not use status updates to ask people to comment on your thread.
Ragen
Ragen
@mlogan, the idea was to direct the discussion to happen there, keep it "clean" and "organized".
Since that is the idea of forums (discussion topics).

If I'm mistaken on my logic, please explain me.
mlogan
mlogan
I can understand that, however, our Status Feed Rules ask members not to use it to get people to look at their threads because otherwise there is the potential for it to just become nothing but people trying to get others to look at their game topics, or resource topics or whatever.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It was at 3am Pacific May 25 that Skynet was created. And it came in the form of a messenger plugin so powerful it now runs my randomizer and does it better than the randomizer itself did. What have I created? :kaoback:
Found out someone took one of my artist's commissions, edited it and claimed it as their own. Called them out on Twitter, got blocked. Not sure whether to feel irritated or honored.
Im so glad that im into 16/32bit games because i'd never be able to create any assets for something more complex :p
I was thinking of MAYBE (a big maybe) starting an soundtrack resource thread where I would post one track per week.
Another screenshot from my 3D RMMV project, this time from an inside map:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodj0875