New profile posts

Hosting a private game jam...might have smthng to post soon if I can fix these dang parallaxes.
Gosh I hate fireworks. Especially if you cant even see em. Its just noise. Noise that scares my pets.
Reactions: Wavelength
Wavelength
Wavelength
It's awful. I live in a neighborhood where some kids were inside the classrooms being shot up at Stoneman Douglas. I can't even imagine how much this must be freaking them out as loud, sudden gunshot sounds erupt every evening here. :(
Sharm
Sharm
I used to really enjoy them, but my allergies flared up big time and now I suffer a lot every time someone breaks them out. Since we have a local holiday later, it makes the entire month full of gunpowder and suffering.
Some (totally) differfent (more traditional) Goblin faces...

what do you guys think?
have another character sheet! ill probably add some more details before i make my thread for this project
// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.
Wavelength
Wavelength
Making silly mistakes is NEVER a bad thing as long as you know quickly what was causing it to go wrong - the knowledge and confidence you have in that is the greatest symbol you can have of how far you really have come with the engine.

That said, yeah, dozens of playtests before a public release is not optional!
I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Ppl suck Sometimes.
Not all ppl, but a lot do.
The Stranger
The Stranger
The vast majority of people I've known in my life have been extremely unreliable. I've learnt not to take people at their word, and that they will almost certainly break their promises for no real reason. Expect nothing, and you might find yourself pleasantly surprised when you find someone reliable.
Everytime I need to write dialogues I find myself writing new music pieces... what kind of trick is this?!
  • Haha
Reactions: Finnuval
Finnuval
Finnuval
Hmmm whenever I look for a good piece of music I end up making new art... Switched at birth? :p
Sharm
Sharm
It's a common phenomenon with creative types. Working on something creatively makes it easier to have other creative ideas, to the point where they come pouring in when you really get going on anything. The trick is to stay on task long enough to finish something, and not get distracted by an awesome idea.
Sharm
Sharm
The most common method to deal with it that I've heard is to work on the idea just enough that you can come back to it later, like writing a note, then go back to the main task. Just ignoring it doesn't work, as it will try to command more of your attention in an attempt to not be forgotten.
Me Being Dumb spending hrs trying to figure out Irenas Visual Novel busts plugin..lol. I'm probably missing something stupid and obvious xDD

let the journey begin >w>
Finnuval
Finnuval
Prolly.... But then again so am I xD
Phoenixsylph
Phoenixsylph
I swear it's always either mis-spelling or misunderstanding something, hahaha. Good luck ^^
X.X ok... I guess I'll just have to think about 48x48 a little differently. Its not "room for more work"..."its room for more detail!...yay"
Reactions: The Stranger
Sharm
Sharm
I find that when working at larger sizes I have to simplify my style and let things have more negative space. Otherwise I spend way too much time on one thing. I also need to work more loosely and quickly at the beginning, instead of fussing about small mistakes.
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
Its just when ever I look at that gaping selection of 48x pixel I feel so overwhelmed... I know that sounds really silly, but I just dont know what to do with all of it :( . I feel like Ive only just recently gotten passable as 16x16 assets, ans now it seems like if I wanna use the next installment of RM I gotta acclimate... :( . Sigh.... whining fit over.
Sharm
Sharm
No, I totally agree. 48x48 is just way too big for a tile size when doing pixel art IMO. Which is why I'm still making 32x32 or 16x16 tiles, and I miiight do some 24x24. The 16x16 and 24x24 will scale to 48x48 without much trouble, and it's a much better size for pixels.
Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.
Right now, my free time is less when Covid 19 in my country.
Begin to reduce the number of daily infections to 0.
Okay someone really needs to fix that broken railing, its a health hazard...

dragoonwys
dragoonwys
@ScorchedGround :p Seems like someone wanted to be power saving, but this is the wrong kind of power saving. You're not supposed to save one sun.

@The Stranger Thank you very much! Yeah, this is the cyberpunk resource pack I'm working on. Still need to add more stuff and animate some sprites so it can be a nice little package. :rhappy:
The Stranger
The Stranger
Awesome! Can't wait to get my paws on it. Many of these assets will fit right into my game. I always keep my eyes open for gritty urban tiles (both sci-fi\cyberpunk and pre-millennium) because that sort of urban decay is what my setting is all about.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Beautiful as always.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hosting a private game jam...might have smthng to post soon if I can fix these dang parallaxes.
Oof it's been a while...well I'm back to stay!
Gosh I hate fireworks. Especially if you cant even see em. Its just noise. Noise that scares my pets.
Some (totally) differfent (more traditional) Goblin faces...

what do you guys think?
My game = 4.5k hours, 4 years+ and should be done in 3 weeks!!

OMG so excited!

I plan to finish before my b day, July 21st.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viewtifuljoe