New profile posts

I really miss the old style disney animated movies. I guess the last one was The Princess and the Frog from 2009. Now I am trying to collect every single one I can get on BD or DVD.
Sharm
Sharm
I'm sad that Princess and the Frog was considered a commercial failure at the time, since that was Disney's test to see if the traditional style would still sell when everyone was doing CG. I don't think it was the animation that did it in, I think it was being a PG movie with a G rating.
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
I concur with @Sharm . The animation on the flick was top-notch, especially the villain's sequences with the shadow creatures & the songs. Just sublime all-around- and it's all hand-drawn! (With computer aid, of course, but still frame-by-frame by hand!)

If it's any consolation, the Mickey Mouse shorts are still done by hand, albeit on a drawing tablet.
What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.
Reactions: SmashArtist
Sharm
Sharm
Of course, it could have also been a budget problem, since reworking failures costs money, and you can't always just hire the people who'll do it right the first time.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
I just collect the stuff from the RTP and add it to my big tileset sheet that I use when parallax mapping. I will however admit that I'm not the biggest fan of plants of the MZ RTP, especially the tree.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@MushroomCake28 The trees were terrible in MV as well. I'm glad other artists eventually created a whole forest of better looking trees. The MZ trees really do stick out like a sore thumb in the screenshots, though. The big, bushy ones look far more detailed than the surrounding tiles. The wooden roofs look weird to me, too. It's like they have this black line or something around them.
Recently posted a demo of my game online. Now I have no idea what to do with myself o_O What is the reason for my existence now...
  • Haha
Reactions: HexMozart88
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Cythera, I just make a joke because people like to hang out there. I will disappear I playtest your demo. So good so far:LZSrasp:
Reactions: Cythera
Kes
Kes
Like as not you'll start getting more work than you wanted from bug reports, hiccups, balancing issues etc., that people will post once they start playing the demo. Enjoy the lull while you can.
Cythera
Cythera
Well now I'm scared :kaomad3:
I'm feeling a lot better this week. Some of the rules in my country for isolation changed a little, so I was able to see friends in person again, which was a huge relief. Thanks everyone for giving me some sympathy last week when I was having a rough time!
What is your problem procrastination and distraction? My problem is distraction and get burned out.
Sharm
Sharm
Burn out is a big deal, because unlike other problems like writer's block, the only solution is to quit working until you're better. I do have that problem too often, because I tend to work in an all or nothing style, but I have a bigger problem with picking what to do next.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Sharm, thank you for worry about me. I am just getting little burnout not full attack yet. Ok, today, I am a playtest for people. I have fun while doing a good deed.
Procrastinated so badly that i accidentally painstakingly recreated small details from RPG Maker 2000 into MV instead of working on my normal project, whoops.
Just imagine, MZ got released while still on summer sale and they decided to discount their game. lol.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
A solid plan really. I'm mostly waiting to see if Mog releases that Star Ocean Battle System plugin he has listed on his site for it. I'll buy it if he does. :LZSwink:
Black Pagan
Black Pagan
There ought to be a Winter Discount Sale on Steam anyway..
Shaz
Shaz
Does that book title end with "and Other Fables"?
I'm sorry about my mistake of not messaging you about posting in Games in Development Rules and Guidelines. I'm still new on this forum but using RPG Maker for 3 years. Well it is in English language. Well, I just want to explained about the game and show them the demo. I promised, there is no inappropriate contain because I don't like that. What should I do?
So I was explaining to someone today that Magic (the Gathering) has advertised itself as a Trading Card Game (TCG) and a Collectable Card Game (CCG), but never a playing card game. Playing cards are what they use for stuff like Poker or Black Jack. So by playing Magic with the cards, they were in fact doing it wrong, and me trading the cards is a correct usage. :popcorn:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I need to remember that if i want to learn to map like a pro, I need to spend hours doing it like a noob again and again… also, a cool map sometimes has hours/even days of work behind. I need to remember that too.
Yo there how's it going rpg community.
It's raining non stop since yesterday. The sound of the rain is so soothing.
I really miss the old style disney animated movies. I guess the last one was The Princess and the Frog from 2009. Now I am trying to collect every single one I can get on BD or DVD.
What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostAcc