New profile posts

I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Oh look, 12 more free Daz3D models. *adds them to his collection * Yes, the fools... Give it a few months and my collection will be crazy, all without paying a dime. I still have no idea if I'll ever learn the software, but hey... Just in case, these models are quite expensive. In two weeks, they've already given me almost $400 worth of free models. :LZSexcite:
  • Haha
Reactions: The Stranger
The Stranger
The Stranger
With every free model they cede a little more of their power. One day they will have no models left to give, and you shall rule over them having never spent a penny! They'll ask themselves how their marketing strategy didn't work, why giving you new free models constantly didn't lead to you actually buying anything, but they'll be met with only the silence of their folly and a new dark master to serve.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Haha yes, we'll call that the Epic Games theory. I have no idea why companies think giving me an insane amount of free stuff is going to get me to buy stuff. Quite the opposite, I end up with huge piles of stuff, and absolutely no desire to buy anything. Not that I'm complaining, it just seems so counter productive. Almost like they went to the same school of "Y U Do Dis?" as MZ's marketing team. :LZSwink:
Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.
Sharm
Sharm
Good job catching it in the planning phase!
Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.
Sharm
Sharm
Could you work with him again if you get a promotion too?
So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
I’m there with you :( ... I’m still holding out hope that this RM has a “just as good” setting they haven’t revealed yet though. For me, the issue was not that I didint want to upscale assets, it’s that it clashed with the menus that way...I never figured out a work around for it. :(
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
There was shazs tile resize plugin’ but if you made the tile size smaller than 32x it breaks the menus too... (makes them small so everything doesn’t fit)
Sharm
Sharm
My problem with a 3x upscale is that the icons don't scale evenly. You have to do 10x10 and have a couple extra pixels at the edges after an upscale, or 11x11 and have one pixel cut off, no matter what it doesn't quite line up with the rest. Working with 24x24 tiles and a 2x upscale is better, but there's not a lot of resources at that size and it's unlikely to be useful outside RM.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.
Black Pagan
Black Pagan
I'm partially colorblind as well and the funny thing is i only learnt about this recently. I can't seem to differentiate between different shades of Pink and Green properly.
Reactions: MrKiwi
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
@Black Pagan You don't know until someone points out your... "curious" choice of colours, at least that's how I noticed. Otherwise, how can you tell the green colour you're seeing is not green?
Sharm
Sharm
I got tested multiple times for it in school. Not sure why, but the test is really easy to implement, so it's not much of a hassle for the schools to check.
Thought something big was going down when I saw a riot van and two cop cars outside my home. Nope. Just multiple calls about one man kicking off in the street. xD
RPG Maker MZ does confirm in its RPG Maker website blog about new features. Graphics of course look gorgeous, but how about what keeps the engine together?
This image made me realize... My new sky area needs flying dominoes. :LZSexcite:

Though I will probably make them more awkward in some unforeseen way. :LZSwink:
Dalph
Dalph
Alice Madness Returns. Good stuff.
Kes
Kes
What took you so long to realise that? Tsk, tsk, no slacking off.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Haha, that's what I'm thinking. I should spend more time making absurd graphics versus doing technical stuff in the background. :LZSexcite: @Dalph I'm such a rabid fan of American McGee's visuals. Also he has the best version of Cheshire Cat, let nobody tell you different.
You are Dekita? There is any chance to use your plugins to my commercial project, buying the licence, for example?
I was wondering why Amazon Pantry had been out of stock on just about everything lately. Seems like they're moving all their stock to Amazon Prime Now.
I've finally gotten my motivation back and am beginning a new project based off of my old Might and Magic inspired project. I spent the day working with the database adding the base weapons, classes, and creating all of the different enchantment types for random treasure. Tomorrow, I will be working on armor and skills.

Do people will use MZ more than MV when it out?
Dalph
Dalph
Immediately? Nope.
Eventually? Possibly.
Lornsteyn
Lornsteyn
If I have finished my MV project, I will move completly to MZ.
There is no real reason for me to stay with MV.
I find it so weird that someone with a solid sense of humour like you is working on a game that is so twisted and serious.
I was expecting something hilarious, like: Tea Party with my Favourite Villain Neighbor or How to Antagonize Heroes Overlord Edition.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
So I wrote Lumina as a dead replacement Light Goddess, daddy’s favorite and a real spoiled princess about it. Then had her stuck dealing with Miranda, an innocent, “tell me about the rabbits” character who she has to keep entertained. Mostly because Miranda controls the world she’s stuck in, and will kill her if she’s not a fun play thing. But then I made Miranda also in danger, ...
Reactions: Dalph
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
…..so Lumina has to protect her to save herself.

Basically a real recipe for awkward, absurd comedic moments set against a very horrific backdrop. And the villain of the story… Oh man, I love that character! I never get to write a character who is so over the top evil. But when you realize what she is, it just makes sense. :LZSexcite:
Reactions: Dalph
Dalph
Dalph
Sounds interesting overall, looking forward to give it a shot when you'll release it.
When you are trying to make progress in your game. But something is stopping your motivation. Like come on mind! Let me do what I want! :<
fluffymonster
fluffymonster
I'm not sure if you misunderstood what I said. What I mean is that you should be a fan of what you're doing, first and foremost. You'll always get detractors and you may not get the traction you hope for, but it's something worthwhile if it's something you'd like to make and something you find enjoyable. [1/2]
fluffymonster
fluffymonster
A lot of times you can tell if it's something the maker is passionate towards and something they find fun. You're breathing life into it. [2/2]
Devildimos
Devildimos
@fluffymonster Ah Yes, I actually really enjoy my current game. I got too many hours spend testing and playing the game. I sometimes put too much effort from the bottom of my soul into this game. Than in bed I hear the song In the end from linkin park playing in my head. But even if I would vent about it. I won't quit doing something I love even if I am not good at it. In the end, I'll improve! :)
Tfw everyone is trying their hardest to brainstorm about unique ideas and game mechanics, here I am just going: "How am I gonna event conversations with busts" everyday. :kaoswt2:
fluffymonster
fluffymonster
Everyone: Now to make some more interesting, intricate gameplay and story
Me: Now for an excuse to add a pet lmao
Finnuval
Finnuval
best part : you're prolly making more progress then them xD
Kes
Kes
Sometimes (not always) those long, convoluted discussions about obscure nuances results in never actually starting. Sometimes (not always) those super-duper, whizz-bang mechanics you spent 2 years designing leave players cold because the rest of the game was neglected. e.g. you never bothered learning to map decently, or write a compelling story with interesting characters. So I wouldn't worry if I were you.
Reactions: Finnuval

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources
Oh look, 12 more free Daz3D models. *adds them to his collection * Yes, the fools... Give it a few months and my collection will be crazy, all without paying a dime. I still have no idea if I'll ever learn the software, but hey... Just in case, these models are quite expensive. In two weeks, they've already given me almost $400 worth of free models. :LZSexcite:
Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MXTURBO