New profile posts

Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.
Reactions: standardplayer
standardplayer
standardplayer
Hello bird_lover. The other day I saw a video of a guy 'walking' his birds. He had them on some kind of harness, and was running while they 'flew' in front of him. I can't stop thinking about getting birds so I can take them out for a fly
Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:
Reactions: standardplayer
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Sure it's almost instant, but there is about 3 seconds where the player stutters once they can move. Probably just looking into a preloading plugin for the graphics. Those 3 seconds are kind of annoying, and it doesn't do it on any other map generation, just the first one.
standardplayer
standardplayer
well the scrolled x and y are useful because if you know the size of the view area, (default 17X13), then you can say anything less than 0 for scrolled x or y is off screen, and anything greater than or equal to 17x , or greater than or equal to 13y is off screen. It's actually probably super useful in your situation
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It's definitely interesting. I'd need to set it a lot further out than the edge of the screen though. Otherwise a smart player would just walk a step to the side then walk the other way to defeat any mob. Nothing like building in my very own "speed running strats". :LZSlol:
That trope is alive more than ever, not so much elemental Crystal's but gathering magical objects or doing "task" to unlock this oddly specific thing is everywhere, I saw it saw it in the IT 2 remake, avengers and every season of supernatural
I was stunned-STUNNED-to find that I have been working on my current project since November. It feels like so much less time than that.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
Time flies when you're having fun/on a deadline
PixeLockeT
PixeLockeT
Life always goes painfully slow for me, so it feels like I've been working forever, but hasn't been really that long in comparison to how I feel it has. XD So opposite of your experience.
I've been busy working on other projects this month so I haven't been able to do much towards finishing the prep work for my RPG, but I did brainstorm some interesting ideas for the game.
redrawing one of three my VNM protags
CrowStorm
CrowStorm
I like her very much, nice work.

What is 154cm in real units of measurement? :) P yes yes I know that it's we Americans that are the b-holes here w/ our refusal to convert to metric, I just play it to the hilt for laffs). She also bears some resemblance to your avatar only not covered in blood (yet).
Vanessa
Vanessa
@CrowStorm it's around 5ft. yeah she's small. most asian schoolgirl here around that size.
and yess, it had similiarties.OCD, freak and melancholic, can be yandere anytime ^^
Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on sale.
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
Yeah, that looks amazing! Have no idea how it was accomplished, but it's breathtaking!

If it were me, I'd look into free options beforehand- but Luna Engine is great. If you were to spend on it, I wouldn't blame you- you have so many games, I'm sure you sell enough copies to justify the cost. :)
Reactions: jkweath
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
I've always used Moghunter stuff despite owning Luna Engine. Take that as you will.
Kes
Kes
Apart from the display of the actor images & stats in battle, all of that can be done in Ace without using Luna Engine, including all the stats on the equip screen. I'd be surprised if the equivalents did not exist for MV. Might be worth a hunt around.
So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
I wholeheartedly blame JJ Abrams. Remember when he said he didnt like Star Trek but wanted to make a movie about it anyway? I feel like that's exactly what happened here. JJ didnt care about any of the established world, he just wanted to make his own thing out of an already successful market.
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
Not everything was terrible- some great characters came out of it, at least.

The Expanded Universe writers are getting a lot of mileage out of Kylo Ren & Rey.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
And does it work well?
bgillisp
bgillisp
The Saturday method? Kinda. I usually set one goal for the session like one cutscene or the maps for one zone or something. For the little breaks, that's usually better for playtesting I've found.
NinjaKittyProductions
NinjaKittyProductions
Typically do this as well @MushroomCake28 except its an hour a day. I tried 30 minutes a day but felt like I wasn't really getting anything done. On the weekend, I set aside at least 2 hours a day for game work.
In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*
Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:
NinjaKittyProductions
NinjaKittyProductions
When I have everything else done in a day (laundry, dishes, kids are taken care of, etc.), when I start doing something else to procrastinate or not work on my game/projects, I stop and ask myself "will this progress my game?"
So, what can I do solve this problem, guys? The plugin is MOG_Weather and I have several Yanfly plugins too.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.
Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:
That trope is alive more than ever, not so much elemental Crystal's but gathering magical objects or doing "task" to unlock this oddly specific thing is everywhere, I saw it saw it in the IT 2 remake, avengers and every season of supernatural
It's raining...in winter :")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisred801